How to get camera profiles into Luminar Neo.

Answered

Comments

12 comments

Kate Williams

Hi Robert,

This camera is compatible with Luminar Neo and thus should have the camera profile menu in the Develop RAW tool. If you've used any tool other than Develop on your photo first, you may want to look for Develop RAW in the Edits section:

If the Develop RAW tool isn't available at all or if the profiles aren't accessible, please contact us at https://skylum.com/support and provide the original image you're working with:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request at https://skylum.com/support

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Comment actions Permalink
    Dave Cleverley

I also have a Canon R6 and there are no camera profiles available for my camera in Develop RAW and I have recently installed update 5 to Luminar Neo on my iMac.
    I also have a Sony A6300 and the camera profiles for that camera are available in Develop RAW.

Where can I get the profiles for my R6?

Jon Harrison

I have an r6 as well and my raw files are not showing camera profiles in Develop Raw for me either. I just downloaded Neo onto a new computer. I updated on another computer and haven't checked to see if this is happening on that one as well. I will say that it appears the Luminar Default seemed more accurate and similar to what I expected my Canon Faithful profile would look like, but I do like having that option because sometimes the canon profile color rendering is more accurate. 

D L

I don't see a profile pop up on my Canon EOS R images either.

Alan McLaren

I'm having the same problem. Nikon Z6 lens 24-70mm F4 S @ 61mm

It has "Develop RAW" with "Luminar Default" showing with 2 other choices, "Add Custom DCP..." and "Add DCP from DNG.

How do I know the right lens profile is being used?

Kate Williams

Hi,

By default, Luminar uses the 'Luminar Default" camera profile. 

To make more external profiles appear,  you can download Adobe DNG Converter to your computer:

For Mac OS:
    https://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_mac/ 

For Windows:
    https://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_win/ 

Sudipta Sinha

Installing Adobe DNG does not help, it added some profiles like "Adobe Standard", "Camera Netural", "Camera Vivid", etc.

But I don't see any camera specific profile (I am looking for Nikon Z6).

Please see attached screenshot.

Alan McLaren

Good Day, I am have multiple small issues, Profiles being one of them. Nikon Z6

I do not see any camera/lens specific profiles. How do I use profiles where there appears to be none(other than what appears to be generic.

** Having a "How to get Started. for first timers would be nice, as I have not found one yet. 

Alan McLaren

What am I missing here? Camera profile or Lens Profile?

Often in other programs I will choose the Brand of Camera and then choose the Lens profile.

*** I'm using Luminar Neo as stand alone program

In my case I would choose "Nikon", then choose a "Lens 24-70mm F4" profile, not a Camera Profile

I found Lens profiles in the Adobe DNG converter program folders. The issue is, I have not found a place to import it. There is a section called "Optics" but no place to import files, only manual adjustments.

How do we achieve this in this program?

I tried installing DNG converter to get profiles. This installed Adobe profiles for camers Not Lenses.

I Pointed to add DCP in the Develope(RAW) and imported Camera profiles from Adobe DCN coverter program. This added Camera profiles but no Lens profiles.

Alan McLaren

Official answer from Skylum Support:

"Thanks for getting in touch! Currently, this functionality is not possible.

We have a special database inside the program which includes all the info about the lenses. If your lenses are on this list, Lens Corrections will be applied according to these lenses' peculiarities. If not, it works based on general algorithms. "

This was not the answer I was looking for but it is a reply to my(our) question.

**** But this raises another issue. The lens I use Nikon 200-500mm F5.6 needs to have a FTZ adapter to fit on my Z6. This combination causes the Properties to be recorded differently and there-for not read the same as normal. On other programs I use such as ON1-2023, this needs to be manually applied as the "LENS" is not recorded in the Properties of the image when the FTZ adapter is used..

From the looks of things, I need to hope the algorithm does a good job. 

This will take some time for me to be comfortable, plus I will need to compare this to a program with lens correction for my exact lens. 

Dev Swarnakar

I am currently using just Luminar Neo to edit my raw files. Currently using Nikon Z9, my RAW files are not loading into edit module, while try to load it's crashing.

Tania Taylor

Hi Dev Swarnakar!

Sorry for the delay in our response!

Could you please contact our support team at skylum.com/support and provide them with the crash logs?

1. Reproduce the issue (the crash itself). 
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your email.

Please sign in to leave a comment.