Luminar Neo 1.3.0: Welcome Noiseless AI Extension

Pinned

Comments

21 comments

Hi Skylum Team,

I think the following sentence should read differently:
    "Based on deep photo analysis, Noiseless AI determines the level of noise in a photo and suggests one of three noise reduction options - Low, Middle, or High - that can be applied in a click."

It should be called much more like this:
    Based on ISO of the image, Noiseless AI determines the level of noise in the image and suggests one of three noise reduction options - Low, Middle, or High - and then Noiseless is deeply analyzing the images and reduces the noise to a minimum.

In fact, Noiseless AI suggests the degree of denoising based on the ISO value of an image. Up to ISO 2000 low, 2000-5000 middle and from 5000 or 6000 high. All the photographers have already noticed this in the pre-release versions and posted it on youtube.

But either way, Skylum has delivered a really nice tool here. The denoising looks quite natural. The images are not smoothed as plastic-like as DXO or Topaz often does in places. Some noise remains, but it just looks more natural.

The only pity is that the graphics power and the neural engine of the Apple silicon processors are not used. Then an enormous speed increase would be possible.

From me a very clear recommendation for the new extension, even if it works differently in detail, as described by Skylum.

Comment actions Permalink
    Gary Reichard

As with HDR Extension, the actual steps to install Noiseless AI are incomplete, obscure, missing. Finally figured out to click the Extensions icon (orange puzzle piece) to add Noiseless AI that I had subscribed to. Any reason you don't spell out the steps to add this and use it? Certainly an unlabeled icon is inadequate guidance. 

And the offer to add it on my account's software page pops up a paywall even though I have subscribed. Can you change that ad in My software to reflect the fact I already purchased?

Mort Berman

I don't see the "orange puzzle piece" to add Noiseless AI.  Haven't heard back from skylum yet (and fully unstained why), but if there is any help out there, it would be appreciated

Gary Reichard

Another puzzling lack of clarity. So much hype about extensions, so little "how to". 

In Mac version, the Extension icon (orange puzzle piece) is next to LUMINAR NEO log, upper left. I don't think it was there until I added the HDR Merge extension. I haven't seen any menu or preference item regarding allowing extensions, etc. BTW, if you do get HDR Merge extension, it doesn't have any menu or edit panel locations. After adding extension, the Catalog pane adds an HDR Merge box on the right with some instructions. Unstated is that you have to add photos you want to merge to Catalog first (apparently). 

Hilltops

There are many YouTube videos on how-tos in Luminar Neo, including the new extensions. Take a look here: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=luminar+neo+extensions

Katherine Nelson

Hi guys,

We appreciate your honest feedback and will definitely pass it to the relevant team!

Gary Reichard, could you kindly send us a screenshot of the irrelevant ads at https://skylum.com/support so we could check it on our side?

Mort Berman, as far as I can see, one of our support agents has already replied to you via email. Please check your inbox.

Corbin Smith

I want to install Noiseless AI and have an active subscription to Pro but regardless of how I search (via the puzzle piece, via "my software" - neither gets me to an "install" choice), all I get is an option to purchase Noiseless AI or to enter an activation code.  I'm running Luminar Neo 1.3.0  HDR Merge shows up in my edit pane, but it's the only extension that does.  Can anyone help?

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Corbin Smith,

I'm sorry to hear that you encountered this issue!

Let's try reinstalling Luminar Neo. We recommend doing a full uninstall with AppCleaner. AppCleaner is a free app that automatically removes not only applications but also the related files, making 'clean' uninstall easy.

• Download AppCleaner from here (click this text to open the link).
    • Install AppCleaner and start it.
    • Drag Luminar from your Applications folder into the AppCleaner window. When removing Luminar, mark all the files and folders on the list, except for RTW788AXG3.com.skylum.luminarNeo
    • Once you've uninstalled Luminar Neo, restart your Mac and download a fresh version of Luminar from here: 
      https://skylum.com/download/luminar-neo-paid

Here is the video tutorial you might find helpfulhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/poak20bxywarzxz/Screen%20Recording%202021-12-28%20at%2012.56.57.mov?dl=0

As far as I can see, you also applied a support request. Let me kindly reassure you that our support team will reply to you as soon as possible.

Pete Wood

I'm finding that today my extensions are not showing ??  I was using them fine yesterday.  I've done a complete new install and every time I install the extensions (which show as succeeded) I close and open the app up and they will not display.  What on earth is going on ?

john simpson

Hi Pete exactly  the same problem myself this morning tried to reinstall them both nothing happening . it was working fine the other day .

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Pete Wood and john simpson!
    Could you please reach out to our support agents at https://skylum.com/support? They'll gladly take a closer look at the issue you faced.

Mark Barnes

I have a lifetime seat for NEO and don't plan on subscribing. The 1.3.0 update message when I launch NEO is confusing to me. Is this a free update with the choice within the update for the paid Noiseless extension? I don't want the extension. So do I stay with my current version (1.2.1) or download the update to get the bug fixes, etc?

Thanks!

Mark

john simpson

Mark I would do the update to 1.3.0  . The extras Hdr and Ai denoise are to be payed  for , if you don't want them  then don't.  At least you will have an upto date copy .

Regards john 

Hi Mark,

the update 1.3.0 is a free update for the lifetime license and also for the subscriber version. In your Skylum account you can also see that your software shows the latest version 1.3.0.
    For the subscription model, for example, no version number is displayed in the Skylum account.
    Version 1.3.0 fixes some bugs, so you should update it. And don't worry, you won't get Noiseless AI or a subscription model with it.

Mark Barnes

Thanks!

CLAsh Lumi971

Hello,
    well I have only crashes with my Max m1Max and today the extension "without noise" that I bought, does not appear anymore in luminar NEO and impossible to reinstall 

David Haworth

I asked this question previously when we were talking about the HDR extension and questions were asked about future extensions, and my question wasn't answered so I'll ask again. I'm fairly sure I know the answer but hey.

The HDR extension was patterned after Aurora HDR and any owners of Aurora HDR got the extension for free. The noiseless extension clearly seems patterned after your noiseless product so do licenced owners of noiseless get the noiseless extension for free?

Hi David,

Actually, it's quite simple.

HDR Extension is only available to Luminar NEO subscribers and those who have Aurora 2019. All others have to buy the extensions.

Noiseless AI and all other extensions get all subscribers of NEO again for free, all others have to pay for it.

As owners of Noiseless from the Macphun Creative Kit, I'm afraid you will still have to buy the new Noiseless AI. You don not get it for free.

David Haworth

You see, I told you I knew the answer :)

Agatha Winter

Hi Andreas,

We're ready to answer any questions you have and help you with any technical issues you've encountered here or at www.skylum.com/support

Could you please specify what basic things in Luminar don't work for you? 

Please sign in to leave a comment.