Luminar Neo 1.3.0: Welcome Noiseless AI Extension

Pinned

Comments

18 comments

Martin Smith

Sadly, following installation of Noiseless Ai, using it via Photoshop CC causes PSCC to freeze. The only way I can un-freeze PSCC is via Task Manager and then re-launching.

Comment actions Permalink
    Roy Blackwell

Using Photoshop 23.5.0 I was able to send a photo to Neo via the plugin, use Noiseless AI on that photo and send it back to Photoshop without crashing. That said, it took a long time, a minute or so, for the image to complete the round trip.

Phil Wright

I am now on VER 1.3 of NEO but I do not have Noiseless AI.  When I press GET it wants me to pay again.

Any ideas???

Roy Blackwell

Click on the puzzle piece:

Joseph Dylke

I've been using Neo as a Photoshop Elements plugin since it launch but since I installing 1.3.0 and tried to use the Noiseless extension, it has been freezing Elements every time I exit Neo.  Doesn't matter if I use accept or cancel.  The only way out is the task manager.  I'm on Windows 10 with Elements 2022.  I've had to copy the plug-in .8bf file back into the Elements plug-in directory a couple of times as it has been deleted in the freeze up.  Everything except the Noiseless extension seems to work fine, just can't use Noiseless.

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Joseph Dylke,

Please note that Luminar Neo isn't officially compatible with Photoshop Elements. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the smooth integration of these applications. 

I'm afraid there is not much that can be done. I'd suggest using the Noiseless AI extension running Luminar Neo as a standalone application and then finishing the work in Photoshop Elements.

Roy Blackwell

Joseph Dylke - Using Photoshop Elements 2022 I loaded an image, invoked the Luminar Neo plugin and used Noiseless AI on it. I then pressed the apply button and the image returned to PE2022. I also tried the cancel button. Neo closed. I experienced no crashes. 

Robin Horne

Following installation of Noiseless AI extension, I can no longer re-export adjusted images back to Lightroom. Upon hitting APPLY NEO freezes. The only way I can un-freeze NEO is via Task Manager.

Roy Blackwell

Robin Horne - after reading your post I tried on my Windows 11 machine. I opened Lightroom Classic 11.5, invoked the Luminar Neo plugin, ran Noiseless AI on the image and then applied a template. I clicked the Apply button and the image was sent back to Lightroom without issue.

Harry Conte

Operating on Win 10.

I ran some photos using Noiseless and the results were okay.  Then I tried doing a batch of them and I'm not sure I was successful.  I still see noise in the shadows although the main subject is clear.  Is batch processing possible in Noiseless at this time?

I went to the catalog folder clicked on the photos I wanted to process.  I then went to Tools/Edit/Noiseless and clicked the high button as suggested.

How come the settings always show slider values of 50/50/50/30 after processing even on single edits?

Harry

Erwin Ebermann

Unfortunately, Skylum doesn't support RAW-files of my new Olympus camera OM-1, so the new Noiseless extension is next to useless for me. Denoising my RAW files with software like DXO is extremely useful: Shooting with MFT, I can easily use ISO 12800 in low light ... So I would expect this from Luminar Neo too...

If Skylum doesn't support my camera soon, I may switch in the long run...

David Frampton

But, what good is Neo if it doesn’t work. Sadly, it went downhill after version 1.2.1. Broke on 2 PC’s…..a Win 10 and New Win 11 computer. I’ve had to dump all my edits, delete every catalog, uninstall and reinstall version 1.2…..which runs without issue (other than the known bugs). After many, many support sessions Skylum still cannot fix the issues. They need to fix the code!!

Austin Miller

Hello David,

We have already answered your inquiry here - https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/7412459363730-Luminar-Neo-1-3-1-crashing-while-starting-after-update

Please avoid duplicating the inquiries.

Philippe CARON

Un théorème informatique dit que "plus ça plante, plus on est près de réussir"
    Malheureusement il y a de célèbres contre exemples avec certains logiciels ... 

Philippe CARON

Pouvez-vous dire (à part les corrections de bug encore nombreuses et le manque de vitesse de pas mal de fonctions) ce que vous allez ajouter/perfectionner gratuitement et qui soit significativement intéressant.
    J'ai bien l'impression que la plateforme Neo est arrivée au bout de son parcours. 
    Il n'y aura plus que de petites modifications cosmétiques...
    Pour le reste il faudra payer pour des fonctions qui seront elles abouties .... J'en doute de plus en plus.

Prouvez moi le contraire.

Kate Williams

Hi Philippe,

Our to-do list for the near future includes the Clone tool, Template migration tool, Luminar AI > Luminar Neo Catalog migration tool, Luminar 4 > Luminar Neo migration tool, improvements to the layer functionality and more.  Of course, more performance updates and new camera support. As we roll out more of these, we'll finalize what else we'll ship in the upcoming months and will inform our community accordingly. 

As for the crashes, please contact us at https://skylum.com/support 
    My French-speaking colleagues will be happy to look into it for you. 

Robert Nutter

When using noiseless AI on my Windows 11 laptop, I find it works perfectly most of the time, but occasionally I get black squares in the picture, sometimes small, and sometimes bigger. Sometimes several squares combine forming L shapes. Any ideas.

Tania Taylor

Hi Robert Nutter!

Our team is aware of the issue and is already working on the fix. It will be included in the next update. Thank you for your understanding!

Please sign in to leave a comment.