Tools sometimes are not enabled

Answered

Comments

12 comments

Ivan Azure

Hi Mark,

Please send us the screen recording (video) of the whole process and the original photos you are working with (where the tendency occurs). One can use Monosnap to record the screen on Windows: 
    https://monosnap.com/welcome

Reach our representatives via support@skylum.com and the team will provide you with the corresponding link.

Comment actions Permalink
    Scott Baker

I too am experiencing this issue on a Win 11 machine.

If I close out neo and reopen, the problem is resolved

Look forward to the solution

Katherine Nelson

Hi Scott Baker,

We'd be grateful if you also reach our support team via support@skylum.com so we could take a closer look at the issue you have encountered. 

Mark Hashizume

Hi Ivan,  This is a sporadic issue so to catch it when it shows it will be difficult especially to capture it while videoing my editing.  I will go back and see if I can recreate it.  Maybe Scott Baker can provide more useful data on this?

Mark Hashizume

I am experiencing this not only with Bokah or Develop but other tools as well.  Right now I cannot open Color Harmony after using it, then closing the editing and reopening it back up.

Scott Baker

Ketherine Nelson: I'll try, but as Mark Hashizume has stated the issue is sporadic and might prove difficult to capture

Mark Hashizume

Another problem that is related, I don't get my Mask or Mask Actions showing up.

Mask does not show up sporadically as well.

Mask *sometimes* comes back after I close out the application and open it back up again.

Mask Actions rarely shows for most of the Tools.  Are there only certain Tools it shows up for?

Kate Williams

Hi Mark, 

Mask Actions should be available for each tool where masking is enabled. 

Currently, this behavior isn't reproducible on my machine, so we definitely need a bit more details to recreate the case. This, in its turn, is the key to fixing the issue for good. 

The screen recording illustrating everything you do during the editing session before this happens will surely give us the biggest insight. 

Mark Hashizume

Kate, I suspect that it may be related to the configuration of my Win11, Dell AIO computer,  I have a 11th Gen Intel i7-1165G7 2.8GHz, 24 GB RAM.

I will run this suggested recording application next time I edit my raw files.

Ivan Azure

Hi Mark,

One can use Monosnap to record the screen on Windows: https://monosnap.com/welcome

Reach our representatives via support@skylum.com and the team will provide you with the corresponding link.

Mark Hashizume

I am attaching screen shots.

Neo 01 is when I first opened Neo to the Edit page.  No Masking option showing for the Develop tool.

But when I go down to the Black and White tool, the Masking option is available. See Neo 02 screenshot.

However the Black and White tool does not have the Mask Actions option available..  See Neo 03.

The Color Tool does offer the Mask Actions option.  See Neo 04.

But when I use the Brush Mask option under the Color Tool, the Mask Actions are not available.  See Neo 05

Kate Williams

Hi,

Please note that masking is available in 'Develop' tool, but not in Develop RAW. 

If you apply another tool to your RAW image first and then switch to the Develop tool, the Masking will appear.

To access Mask Actions, you need to come back to the previous menu by clicking on <Brush as indicated in my screenshot below:

Please sign in to leave a comment.