Luminar Neo 1.2.1: Enjoy a smoother experience

Pinned

Comments

17 comments

Mark Haskell-Cooper

Thank you for your efforts - it is appreciated.

Comment actions Permalink
    Bogdan Motas

Upon installing this update, I got a trojan warning from my antivirus software.

Steve Daggar

I also received same trojan warning from Kaspersky. Update process was terminated

Andreas Freymuth

The same here. Tried to install the Update and got a warning from Kaspersky. Luminar Neo was automatically removed from my PC. I tried to reinstall from my Customer Page but the same warning occured.

Jeroen van der Wardt

If you disable Kaspersky to take automatic actions then it's possible to install. But when you do it Kaspersky will tell you that Luminar wants access to personal data from the Kaspersky folder. So I don't really trust it to allow this. 

Tania Taylor

Hi! Please check my response in this thread https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/7101259432466 

Mark Haskell-Cooper

Personally I would not trust Kaspersky - as it is a russian oufit. I installed on my machine with no errors or problems from my anti virus. I believe this to be a false positive from Kaspersky, Just my 2 cents worth as they say.

Jeroen van der Wardt

Could be a false positive, but I trust Ukrainians just as much as Russians. Their government hopefully doesn't have anything to do with the software their citizens make. Government could be involved with Kaspersky, but also with all AI companies in Ukraine. We don't know

Mark Haskell-Cooper

Jeroen,

Ok you make some fair comments - at the end of the day we really don't know, but quite a few have posted that they have had the same issue, What now?????

Roy Blackwell

Do not trust Kaspersky.

Tania Taylor

Please try to update your Kaspersky antivirus bases and see if the issue persists. If so, please send us the trace log of the product containing the detection. Here are the instructions for how to obtain trace logs https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/12797?utm_source=virus_lab_notifications&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=virus_lab

You can send the log to skylum.com/support.

Michael Pegg

No problem with Windows 11 virus checker and I have used this for many years, even when I paid for it, and found it reliable. Like it all in with Windows.

Steve Daggar

so yesterday it seemed like Kaspersky killed the update before it completed, but when I check Luminar for updates now, I'm on latest version 1.2.1 (10104)  & Luminar working fine

Alina Skylum is there any possibility to get off-line installer ? Much appreciated, thanks. 

Katherine Nelson

Hi! Please reach out to our support team via https://skylum.com/support and we'll provide you with the alternative installer.

Jonathan Gordon

Neo is unusable as a smart object in Photoshop currently. When I finish my adjustments and export the file Photoshop locks up and I have to kill the process .

Austin Miller

Hello Jonathan,

It looks like you have faced the known issue.

Our developers are working on fixing it in one of the future updates!

Please sign in to leave a comment.