About Data Collection

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Anastasiia Moore

Hello,
    Are you referring to the "Analytics" in the Preferences? Please see the screenshot: https://prnt.sc/KldZthW5Om3X

If so, let me highlight that the data we collect does not include any personal information. We only collect information that pertains to the issue (in case the user encounters an issue): the error code, OS version, app version, and the machine identifier. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Satoshi Inoue

If you were anonymous, what would you be allowed to do?
    For example, I don't want to know the user name of my computer or even the name of my HDD/SSD.

What exactly are you collecting?
    Where is the original data provided placed? General applications store such data in a fixed location.

Helga Hufflepuff

Hi,

The analytics software integrated into Luminar collects data on how often users use the software, events that occur within the software, which features are used and how often, which buttons are clicked and how often, how much time users spend processing photos (as aggregated usage data), and overall performance metrics. It also helps us identify the source of application downloads.  

The data we obtain with the help of this in-app analytics software does not include any personal information. In other words, this data is not connected to a name, email address, or other personally identifiable information in any way.

Here you can find more info on where data is stored: https://skylum.com/legal#where-we-store-your-personal-data

Satoshi Inoue

Where is the original data I provided placed on my Mac?

Helga Hufflepuff

Satoshi Inoue,

Will need some time to double check that. Once I have more details, I will leave the information here in thread.

Helga Hufflepuff

UPD: this information is stored under the following path: /Users/%UserName%/Library/Preferences/com.skylum.luminarneo.plist

Please sign in to leave a comment.