Mac OS 13.0 Ventura

Answered

Comments

23 comments

Agatha Winter

Hi Ted - Luminar doesn't support Ventura at this time since the OS is still in beta. Once Apple releases the official version, we'll update our software for compatibility.

We're sorry for the temporary inconvenience faced.

Comment actions Permalink
    Howard Lebowitz

Does this mean Neo will stop worling once Ventura is release and we have to wait for an update, or will the update come at the same time?

Agatha Winter

Hi Howard,

Luminar Neo already works on Ventura OS. However, there are several minor technical issues that we plan to address once the official release comes. 

Kung Ta Fan

several betas were released these two months but the issue is still there. I believe that the official release is approaching soon. Can Skylum considers to release an update to address these minor technical issues. Many thanks,

Margaret Bright

Hi Kung Ta Fan,

We will most certainly address all the issues as soon as the new macOS officially ships.

Please note that we prepare the updates based on the final (release) version of macOS. Speaking from previous experience, many of the issues reported in the beta version may not be reproducible in the release version. This is why it's not effective to test the software in beta.

Once Ventura OS is officially released, we will test the issues and provide the fix.

Kung Ta Fan

well, 1.4.0 works.

Sophie Pirard

So Ventura is officially released and I'm having the same issue with both Neo and Luminar 4 (which I still use a lot.)  Hopefully we have a fix soon? Thanks!

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Sophie Pirard!
    Could you please send us the screen recording of the issue?

Here's how to record a screen on Mac:

https://support.apple.com/guide/quicktime-player/record-your-screen-qtp97b08e666/mac

Here's how you can send us the file:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request at https://skylum.com/support 
    Barry Hall

Mac Ventura 13.0 is officially released and I'm still receiving errors when using Luminar 4 or Luminar AI as an extension to Apple Photos. When will Skylum release an update that will correct these issues?

Elena Blum

Hi Barry,

The issue you are experiencing is a known one. The full compatibility for the latest macOS has not yet been implemented in Luminar AI. 

Please stay tuned for the compatibility update, we're working on it right now. 

In the meantime, you should be able to use Luminar AI as a standalone app.

Please accept my apologies for the temporary inconvenience.

Michael Seneschal

Any word on Luminar 4 compatibility? Thanks.

Tania Taylor

Hi Michael!

There's an issue with the Luminar 4 extension in Apple Photos on macOS Ventura. The full compatibility for the latest macOS has not yet been implemented in Luminar 4. Please stay tuned for the compatibility update!

In the meantime, you should be able to use Luminar 4 as a standalone app. If you experience any issues with Luminar as a standalone app on Ventura, please let us know (better via email at skylum.com/support so that we could easily track the cases afterward).

hugh sheridan

I'm using Luminar AI and have the same processing issues with Ventura. I know you know it but I wanted you to know how pervasive the issue is, and how frustrating it can be for users. Now I think I have to export the file from photos then use AI and then import it back. It makes me think twice about using Luminar instead of the crappy photos editing tools. don't bundle it with anything else just fix and release. This can't be a hard issue and you knew it before the official release,

Tania Taylor

Hi hugh sheridan!

We surely understand how important this feature is for all users and will do our best to release the fix asap.

David Alvarez

Hi 

I am using Luminar 4 and Luminar AI  and have the same processing issues with Ventura. Having to export the file from photos then use AI or Luminar 4 and then import it back is NOT a very useful workflow. 

Is there any update on the fix ?

Thank you 

Katherine Nelson

Hi David Alvarez,

Please note that we have already released an update for Luminar AI. Just click Luminar AI > Check for Updates.

Phyllis Neufeld

I just updated to Ventura and find the same issues using Luminar 4.0 as a plug in that the others have.  If I were to update to Luminar Neo, I have several questions:

1) Is Neo a plug in or standalone app that I have to export from Mac photos to use?

2) Will the issues with Luminar 4 be addressed and fixed making Neo not as necessary right now? And if so, when?

3) Does Neo currently have the same issues with Ventura as Luminar 4 currently does?

This has been frustrating.  Please advise.

Thank you.

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Phyllis Neufeld,

As my colleagues informed the users above, the full compatibility for the latest macOS Ventura has not yet been implemented in Luminar 4. Still, our devs are doing their best to deliver the compatibility update for Luminar 4 ASAP.

1) Luminar Neo works in both ways - as a standalone app and as a plugin: https://manual.skylum.com/neo/en/topic/using-luminar-neo-with-other-software

2) Kindly clarify what issues you are referring to.

3) Luminar Neo supports the latest macOS Ventura, and our engineering team did not discover any issues while running Luminar Neo on this OS.

Let me also provide you with a free Luminar Neo trial, I think it will help you the best to define whether Luminar Neo will suit you:

https://skylum.com/download/luminar-neo-paid

Phyllis Neufeld

Hi again.  The parts of Luminar 4 that say processing and never stop are dodge and burn under pro and I can't get layers to work at all so can't put a watermark on my photos.  I can't change sky backgrounds.  Will Luminar 4 address these issues and have an update or not, as right now, not working for me.

Gianluigi Nardin

Nulla da fare: confermo che con MacOS Ventura 13.1 Luminar NEO si vede buio e rimane sempre la finestra "in elaborazione". Quando Luminar NEO verrà reso compatibile con MacOS Ventura 13.1 ???? Grazie

Tania Taylor

Hi Gianluigi Nardin!

Could you please contact us at skylum.com/support so that we could investigate your case? As Luminar Neo is compatible with macOS Ventura.

Doug Rants

Luminar v4.3.4 (10480) running under MacOS 13.2 (22D49) continues to exhibit the issue - opening Luminar 4 as an extension from Photos creates an endless "Processing ..." cycle that prevents the appropriate use of Luminar 4 as an extension.

Is Luminar 4 still actively supported under MacOS 13?  If so, is there an ETA for this bug fix?  Or, is there a work around (other than the export / import of individual photos)?

Kate Williams

Hi Doug - 

We're working on the Apple Photos compatibility update for Luminar 4 now. Some issues related to that fix need to be ironed out before making it public, which is why it's taking some time; however, please rest assured that the update is in the works. 

As for the workaround, you can either upload files to the standalone more or send them to Apple Photos by right-clicking the image > Edit with Luminar Neo. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.