Computer Crashes while Editing/Exporting

Completed

Comments

5 comments

Tania Taylor

Hi Florian!

Could you please send us event logs to skylum.com/support so that we could check the crash type and recommend you a corresponding solution?

1. Reproduce the issue (try to launch the app and see it quit). 
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your reply to this email.

A video tutorial on how to collect logs: https://www.loom.com/share/d7d8325cb83b4539a0a2dae3ebf286f6 

More so, could you please let us know your full hardware configuration?

• Press the Windows logo key + R.
      • Type msinfo32 in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard. 
      • In the window that opens, make sure you have System Summary highlighted on the left.
      • Click File > Export.
      • Type the file's name (you can choose any you like), save it somewhere where you can easily find it, and attach this text file to your reply to this email.

N.B. The links are clickable and show the screenshots that can guide you, if necessary.

Here is the video tutorial on how to retrieve your system infohttps://www.loom.com/share/97aff7951ee3412daa020f1d88eb36e8     

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Comment actions Permalink
    Florian Woitas

Thank you for answering.

I actually did the eventvwr check and I saw one error from Microsoft Azure but nothing else.
    I will send you the system data and try eventvwr again later.

Mat Lap

Hi, i have same problem. since 1.2 update, I try on Windows 11, crash all time.

I try Mac OS, very slow and use 50Go swap memory after 2 hours of work. 

I think you have big bug with the new version. Its possible to install last update (1.1?)

I can't work with your software :/

Margaret Bright

Hi Mat,

Please see Tania's reply above and get in touch with our support team at skylum.com/support

Our team can help you resolve this issue or revert back to the previous version of the app, if that's what you would prefer.

Florian Woitas

Just a little update from me, I repaired the one of the vcredist data and I think now it works.
    Since then there was no crash.

Please sign in to leave a comment.