Luminar Neo 1.2.0: HDR Merge extension, dodge & burn tool, bug fixes, and stability improvements

Pinned

Comments

11 comments

Jeroen van der Wardt

Just tried out HDR merging... There was an option to set ghosting to none, low, medium and high. But is it possible to preview this?

Comment actions Permalink
    Francois de Melogue

I thank you for the free plugin. I wish you guys would just update Aurora to read more modern file extensions and do nothing else to it. The plugin is a nice toy but very limited in its capabilities and quite frankly I cannot think of a single moment when I would ever use it over Aurora (other than the eventual inability to open files in the future). I can only speak for myself, though I do not know anyone who uses NEO as a standalone. My experience is most people start in Lightroom or Photoshop and then use NEO as a filter. With the way the plugin is set up now, I cannot even access the HDR when used this way. there is no HDR button; maybe I missed it. In fact, it remains easier to use Aurora which does appear as a plugin in Photoshop then go to NEO if there are effects I want to use in there. In future updates you should add the ability to mask in the HDR effects like all other tools in NEO can do. I currently just have to duplicate a layer, apply the HDR effects to the new layers, then paint it in the way I want to. With the new HDR plugin, it would be a million more steps to be able to tweak the effect the way I want. I truly appreciate your company but I wish you would listen to the fan base a bit more.

Helga Rowles

Hi Jeroen - do I understand correctly that you'd like to preview the result that you will receive with different ghosting settings before merging the brackets? If so, I'm afraid it's not possible.

Hi François - thank you so much for your feedback! Indeed, at the moment, the extension is only available in standalone mode. I will be sure to share your concerns regarding this with our product team.

Daniel Reynolds

I just purchased Luminar Neo last week. The update pushed last night onto my PC. Now I can no longer export images once I've made edits. I'm already frustrated with with the usability of this software, now I can't even share my edited images, as I can't save them. How can I fix this.

aphram Bahho

hello Plesae i need The full setup package 

Ivan Azure

Hi Daniel Reynolds,

Please specify whether the tendency occurs with the particular images or regardless of the pictures? Which files are you working on (camera, size, format)? 

Follow these instructions:

1. Ensure that the image file is not exceeding 15,000 pixels on one of the edges.
    2. Disable the antivirus software, if you have any or add the application to the list of its exceptions. Use your antivirus manual for help. Indicate which antivirus program is present on your device.
    3. Ensure that you have all the read-and-write permissions for the export directory. 
    4. Try exporting to another directory.
    5. Please verify that you have an admin account: https://oit.ncsu.edu/it-security/antivirus/how-to-tell-if-you-are-an-administrator/ 
    6. Reboot the device.
    7. Try to export from a newly created catalog that contains fewer photos. 

If the issue persists, try reinstalling the program in the following way (make sure to save all necessary results in advance):

1. Go to “Apps and Features” by right click on the Start button;
    2. Find Luminar there and click [Uninstall] (you can also uninstall from the Control Panel);
    3. Type %appdata% in Search (folder Roaming should open);
    4. Find the folder “LuminarNeo” and delete it (it deletes your activation for Luminar Neo too);
    5. Go to Pictures and rename the folder called Luminar Neo Catalog (if you have your Catalog anywhere else, find it and rename it).
    6. Install the app once again and launch it: https://downloads.skylum.com/luminarneo/win/Win_Luminar_Neo.msi
    7. Activate the software by logging in to your Skylum account. Next, add a small folder with images for editing.

If the algorithms still don't help, reach our representatives via support@skylum.com

Hi aphram Bahho,

Please describe the request more detailedly via support@skylum.com

We have also answered you here: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/6868381994514

Hello,

some modification (eg. Sky AI) I cannot remove with the new version 1.2.0
    Every time when you open an modification window its automatically copied to the changes without do any modification. The list of changes is rising fast and the Luminar Neo performance decreases.

The export is not working and the program is crashing. I propose the reason is the Sky AI modification.

The camera profiles for Nikon Z5 are not working anymore. It was working in previous versions.

Please concentrate your development to increase the stability and performance.
    Every new feature is useless, when the whole program is getting more buggy and unstable.
    In a former version I lost all my modifications.
    Thats very frustrating and unprofessional.

Please focus on stability.

Thanks

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Member,

I answered you in the post you created here, please see my response:
    https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/7026336823954

Roger Nordin

Please explain how I can access the HDR Merge plugin installed into Luminar Neo when calling Luminar Neo as a plugin itself (from Adobe Lightroom in my case, or possibly Phootshop). I can call Aurora HDR from Lightroom, but when invoking Luminar Neo as a plugin from Lightroom, I can only access Presents and Edit tabs, not the Catalogue - and it seems the HDR Merge requires me to be in the Catalogue section? How can I make it work?

Agatha Winter

Hi Roger,

All Extensions that work with a single image (such as Noiseless AI) will be accessible when you use Luminar Neo as a plugin.

The extensions that involve processing more than one photo at once (such as HDR Merge) can now be used only in the standalone mode. However, we’ve already added the ability to open several files in the plugin mode to our roadmap and are exploring its implementation.

Yup, just more excuses here.

THERE ARE NO LENS PROFILE CORRECTIONS IN HDR MERGE. ARE YOU JOKING? lol and you can't even use it in plug-in mode.

This is why many of us are hesitant to try the new "great software" that everyone buzzes about. The HDR merges look ok, until you realize it's useless in most workflows. Am I really going to resort to doing manual distortion correction on a 25-50 image real estate shoot?

Yet another 20% commission scheme...  

Please sign in to leave a comment.