Luminar Neo 1.2.0: HDR Merge extension, dodge & burn tool, bug fixes, and stability improvements

Pinned

Comments

11 comments

Ok, I updated too 1.2.0. Indeed there is the option for the HDR extension but I still need to purchase it. How or where to get the activation code? From previous posts I understood that owners of Neo and Aurora get this extension for free. Is this still the case? 

Comment actions Permalink

HDR Merge...a really ingenious helper. I have worked with Aurora HDR for a long time, because this software often created the most realistic HDR images. Now the function is available directly in NEO. This is fantastic. It also seems that the new tool creates even more realistic colors. And I can finally finalize my images with NEO in one workflow.

Small criticism on the side: it would be nice if it was possible to use the lens correction and removal of chromatic aberrations before HDR Merge, so that the images are appropriately rectified.

Tania Taylor

Hi Member!

Thank you for the feedback! I will pass it on to the team.

Please note that you can first fix the lens distortion in Luminar Neo and then add the photo to HDR Merge.

Hi Tania,

Thank you very much for your feedback. But exactly what you suggest does not work. If I do the correction first and then drag the image into HDR Merge, the changes made before are not applied.
    Because there is no RAW image after HDR Merge, there are no distortion corrections to apply.
    It would be nice if this problem could be solved.

What I just saw, you can manually compensate distortions after HDR Merge. It would be nice if this could be done automatically. But at least there is the possibility to adjust it manually.

I continue to be amazed at what HDR Merge can do even from "critical" single shots. This will make my workflow much easier in the near future.

Thanks Skylum for this great feature!

Bob Shrader

I have been experimenting with HDR Merge on single-image raw photos and am amazed at the improvements Luminar Neo makes, particularly pulling out natural-looking sky detail. On a few photos, however, I have found a bit of that tone-mapping grunge look in some parts of details.

A couple of the Luminar ambassadors on YouTube have found a workaround -- add a copy of the image that did not go through HDR Merge on top and then adjust the opacity. It works, but this make for a convoluted workflow. More helpful would be a preview with intensity adjustment or even a mask before committing the image to HDR Merge.

Barry Gunter

I updated to the new version of Luminar Neo, but saw that I needed to also download a plug-in to access the HDR. I have already purchased Aurora basic and Aurora2017. I thought that I would get a discount and inadvertently bought the Mega HDR pack by mistake. Tried to contact Skylum to cancel this and get the plug-in but can’t as all emails bounce back. Any advice on how to contact Skylum would be appreciated.

Hi Barry,

according to the information from Skylum, the following people get HDR Merge for free:
    - all users who use Luminar Neo as a abonnement
    - all users who bought Luminar Neo and additionally bought Aurora 2019 in the past

Unfortunately, you have Aurora 2017, it seems, you do not get HDR Merge for free.

Skylum can be reach at the following email:
    support@skylum.com

Ask there, maybe Skylum offers you an alternative.

Barry Gunter

Thanks for the help, I realised I would have to pay for the plug in but hoped I would get some discount as a previous owner. Will contact support.

James Gordon Patterson

question... I have Luminar Neo for Mac.   Are these extensions something you have to BUY?   I'm getting plugin weary at this point.   I just want to know if the extensions are additional cost.   The answer will tell me more about if Neo is a need to have or nice to have or ok to have.   

Jim Patterson

Hi James,

If you have a subscription, then you get all the extensions for free. If you have purchased a license for NEO, you can buy the extensions. You don't get them for free. But you don't have to buy them.

Please sign in to leave a comment.