Luminar Neo 1.2.0: HDR Merge extension, dodge & burn tool, bug fixes, and stability improvements

Pinned Featured

Comments

12 comments

Hey, nice new features.

About the dodge&burn, can you add options similar to how Adobe Photoshop does it? Namely being able to set if to affect Dark Tones, Mid Tones or Light tones. This so that it does not indiscriminately darken or lighten just everything in the same manner.

Thanks

Comment actions Permalink
    Helga Rowles

Hi - We're glad to hear that you like the new features :)

We are not planning to add such functionality at the moment, but I will happily share your suggestion with our product team.

Andrew White

I purchased the HDR merge extension, and upgraded to Luminar 1.2.0, but I cannot see the HDR merge feature in the available editing tools.  How do I use this feature ?

Nadarajah Thirugnanasothy

Hi Andrew,

Click on the icon next to Luminar NEO on the top left 

Then you will see HDR Merge in a popup window. click on Install

After while you will see HDR merge on the right panel.

To create HDR image, drag the photos from your catalog to HDR Merge area.

Hope this helps.

Tom Pickering

I successfully added the HDR Merge to my Neo, but it's not working.  I drag 3 images into the extension and it shows 3 blank thumbnails.  I click to merge them and the thumbnails clear out after a couple of minutes with nothing showing up in the HDR Merge folder.

Helga Rowles

Hi Tom,
    Please see my reply in this thread:
    https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/6881520802066 

Roy Blackwell

See screenshots

Gerd Teubel

Ich habe soeben HDR Merge installiert. Ich habe das gleiche Problem, wie auch andere. Nachdem ich "Zusammenfügen" gewählt habe, wird sofort etwas bearbeitet, aber nach dem Abschluss bleibt der Ordner HDR Merge leer =0.

Hat hier schon jemand eine Lösung?

Martin Miron

I've finally figured out how to transfer a single image from the catalog to the HDR window, but what then? All the controls are simply the usual Neo stuff, no HDR. Where are they?

Roy Blackwell

Martin Miron: The HDR Merge process converts your photo to HDR (High Dynamic Range). You then use the other Neo tools to edit that photo to accomplish your vision.

aphram Bahho

i need the full setup please

Ivan Azure

Hallo Gerd Teubel,

Wir haben Ihnen hier geantwortet: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/6881520802066

Hi aphram Bahho,

The download process starts in the Skylum account. 

Please note that your HDR Merge purchase is automatically linked to your billing address, so make sure to log in to a Skylum account associated with that email.

1. Go to the Skylum account login page: https://skylum.com/user/login
    2. Sign in with your Google, Facebook, Microsoft, or Apple account, or sign in with your email and password.
    3. If you purchased HDR Merge using an email address not tied to it, you can merge your accounts in the My Products > App isn’t showing? section of your Skylum account.
    4. In your account, you will see a My software tab with all of your Skylum programs and extensions. 
    5. Navigate to the Extensions menu under Luminar Neo and сlick on the Run in Luminar Neo button. 
    6. Verify whether you have the latest Luminar Neo version or click I already have the latest version to proceed. 
    7. You’ll get redirected to Luminar Neo’s in-app extension store. Click Install under HDR Merge to start the installation process. 

Once the installation is complete, you can access HDR Merge in the right panel of Luminar Neo’s Catalog tab. 

If the issues occur, reach our representatives via support@skylum.com 

Please sign in to leave a comment.