Background removal

Answered

Comments

4 comments

Peter Gladstein

Comment actions Permalink
    Jørgen Lock-Andersen

Yes, the Background Removal function is well hidden and can be found in quite another place than where you expect it to in the Portrait Module.

So, go to the Layer Properties function in the upper right corner of your screen and located between the Histogram and the Crop tools. Click on Layer Properties and when it opens click on the Masking option. And the last option that opens now is the Portrait Background option. Click on this and you are ready to begin background removal.

Maybe we could we ask Skylum to replace the Background Removal where it rightfully and logically should be located, namely under the Portrait Module. 

Howard Lebowitz

It would also be great for a background removal tool that worked with things other than portraits. Would be great for product photography.

Michael Sonshine

Thank you for the instructions. I would not have thought to look in the Portrait section.

I thought it might also work for images of things that are almost people (like dolls and figurines) but it does not. At least not for the photos that I tried.

Please sign in to leave a comment.