So, I guess this is it then?

Answered

Comments

5 comments

Otto Schäfer

Same for me. While I love to support the Ukraine and its people, I'm not willing to support this kind of business model. Skylum is history for me from now on.

Comment actions Permalink
    Kate Williams

Hi guys,

First, let me mention that we've known you for years as loyal Aurora HDR owners and frequent guests in our community forum, and I sincerely thank you for sticking with our software for a long time.

As for Aurora HDR, while it was a great product that brought a lot of value and new technologies into the HDR photography world, we believe it has reached its local maximum and has no room to grow. With the recently released Luminar Neo, we finally have a robust platform capable of multiple future upgrades. This is a product we are committed to developing further. Its modular engine opens endless opportunities to add new functionality with extensions.

With the release of HDR Merge, Luminar Neo will have everything Aurora had and much more, thanks to its AI tools. In fact, not only them. Golden Hour, Foliage Enhancer, Dehaze…to name but a few, can improve the already created HDR. You could also mix those with Mask AI.

It's true that only owners of both Aurora HDR (2019) and Luminar Neo are entitled to a free extension. However, we’ll be more than happy to create a special and exclusive offer for Luminar Neo for you if you decide to give it a shot (you’ll get the HDR Merge extension for free in this case). Just shoot us a message at skylum.com/support and paste the link to this thread as a reference. 

P.S. Marco - this is a fantastic shot! Hats off. 

Roy Blackwell

Very well said Kate Williams. Skylum is on the right track. Great country, Ukraine. Good software.

Otto Schäfer

Thanks Kate, for coming back.

The problem I have with Skylum is there overall product development policy:

Luminar 4 was great. Then came Luminar AI, which was not an extended/evolved version of Luminar 4. It was a new software with new features, but lacking of some features of v4. Then you came up with Neo which again was not a further developed version of Ai, but also a "new" software. Samge game again as with v4/AI.
    Aurora HDR was great, but never got an update to simply add newer RAW formats. Now you praise Aurora Merge as an add-on of L-Neo. But nobody knows what features are really included and how it differs from HDR. Can we yuse the old presets......?

You lost a lot of trust in the community and that's the reason why I'm not willing to do a prepaid order without knowing what I finally get.
    Give us free access to the Alpha/Beta version of HDR AND L-Neo (I did not make an upgrade due to the reasons above) and I will decide later. If both products keep what you promise in your advertisings I will for sure do an upgrade and spread the word, but not the other way round.

Kind regards,
    Otto

Margaret Bright

Hi Otto,

While you can try Luminar Neo in the trial mode, unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a trial version of HDR Merge extension. Kindly note, though, that all purchases come with a money-back guarantee. If you choose to purchase Luminar Neo now (with HDR Merge as a free addition), you will have full 30 days after HDR Merge ships to try out the product and see if it meets your needs. If you do not find it to your liking, you can request a full refund for your purchase, and our team will issue it for you.

Please sign in to leave a comment.