Issue Luminar Neo 1.1.1 Very Slow MB Air M1

Answered

Comments

7 comments

Shawn Pearce

I'm having the same problem with my Macbook pro m1 although luminar is running natively and not through Rosetta but performance is basically unusable. Worked fine a few updates ago

Comment actions Permalink
    Jason Weston

Yeah I managed to work out I installed the intel version, but I have now installed the M1 version and it's not much faster at all, applying presets still hangs for long periods sometimes and exports are terrible for speed.

It's a shame as the photos look great but processing a bunch of photos from say a bush walk and going to take an hour to complete. Just did edits with Lightroom on my M1 iPad and done and dusted in 10 mins.

Shawn Pearce

Same. I do a lot of portrait work and a few updates ago it was running great but after the "feature complete" update previews take a long time to render, stock and my own made presets can take up to a minute to apply and I did a drone landscape photo that took 5 minutes to export. No idea what they did with that update but it's unusable for me until fixed

Ivan Azure

Hi Jason and Shawn,

Reinstall the application in the following way (make sure to save all necessary results in advance):

• Delete the application with AppCleaner. Download AppCleaner from here: http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner 
      Drag Luminar Neo from your Applications folder into the AppCleaner window. When removing Luminar, mark all the files and folders in the list, except for RTW788AXG3.com.skylum.luminarNeo.
    • Go to Pictures -> Luminar Neo Catalog and rename this folder (if you have created the Catalog in another Location, please navigate there and rename the Catalog folder). You can choose any name you like. 
    • Open Luminar Neo Catalog folder, locate the file Luminar Neo Catalog.luminarneo and change its name too. 
    • Go to Application Support (launch Finder > Go > Go to Folder > paste /Library/Application Support/Skylum Software and delete Luminar Neo folder.
    • Go to Terminal and paste: defaults delete com.skylum.luminarneo, then press Enter
    • After that please install Luminar Neo back from the link below: https://downloads.skylum.com/luminarneo/mac/Mac_Luminar_Neo.dmg

If the issue persists, we recommend continuing the troubleshooting session via support@skylum.com

Indicate the following through the email: 

- How many images are there in your Library? Please send us the screenshot of your Catalog file structure.
    - Where are they located (on an internal or external drive)?
    - How much free space there is on your drive?

Let us know your hardware configuration. Click on the Apple logo in the upper left corner of your screen, click About This Mac, and take a screenshot of the window that opens. Check out this article (click this text to open the link) about making screenshots on Mac if you need help with that. Attach the screenshot to your reply to this email.

Jason Weston

Hi,

Thanks for the support tips, I followed what you mentioned in your post. First test shows that copying and applying the same preset values to 8 other files is taking more then 3 mins, I say that as as I am typing I have 3 files still to apply. It appears the presets are taking minutes to apply to just a few photos. These photos are RAW photos taken with a Sony A6400 camera.

I purchased this program 2-3 weeks ago and haven't actually used it till now as I did a photo shoot today. I have to say the performance is very underwhelming, I'm currently running it on a Apple MacBook Air 2021 M1 machine. It's just unusable to be honest, I can't wait for mins and hours to make adjustments and export. Like I said the presets when they do apply are great but the time for them to process is just too much.

I'll have to check and see what future updates bring but to me this was a bad purchase.

Jason Weston

By the way just tried to export 3 files, the first file took over 3 mins to export, I gave up on the rest.

Ivan Azure

Hi Jason,

It would be more effective and rapid to investigate your case via support@skylum.com. Don't hesitate to reach our representatives.

Please sign in to leave a comment.