Moving my purchased tools from my computer over to my tools files on my apps.

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Helena Carter

Hi Scott Wilson,

If I understand you correctly, you want LuminarAi, Luminar 4, Aurora HDR, and Luminar Neo to be displayed under right-click>Open with or you are trying to install them as plugins to some host app?

Comment actions Permalink
    Scott Wilson

Hi Helena
    When I downloaded the folders I had paid for I would like to add those folders to the Tool section of the main apps but I am unsure how to do that. I know some of the downloaded folders are NOT common to the main programmes but when I have tried to ADD IMAGE I just get them coming on my main screen and NOT in the Tools Edit eg skies etc. Sorry if I am not making myself understood.

Scott Wilson

Sorry that should read ADD FOLDER

Ivan Azure

Hi Scott,

We apologize for additional questions. However, could you specify some aspects to avoid misunderstanding?

"When I downloaded the folders I had paid for I would like to add those folders to the Tool section of the main apps"   - - - - -    Which folders exactly do you mean? Do you by any chance refer to the marketplace add-ons like skies/templates/LUTs/overlays, etc.?

Is there a possibility to send us the corresponding screenshots?

Scott Wilson

Hi Ivan
    Yes you’ve got it on one. It is the marketplace add one like skies templates etc. I have them downloaded on my MacBook under downloads and want to move them over. Sorry I have not been explicit enough but I am not that IT savvy.
    Thanks.
    GLORY TO UKRAINE FROM BONNIE SCOTLAND

Ivan Azure

Hi Scott,

The team is grateful for your support. Similar gestures are highly appreciated.

Here are the instructions.

Luminarᴬᴵ

Template Collections 

Template Collections for Luminarᴬᴵ have an .ltc extension. 

If you’re on Windows: 

• Launch Luminarᴬᴵ.
    • In the top bar menu, click Luminarᴬᴵ > File > Add Luminarᴬᴵ Template Collection.
    • In the window that opens, navigate to the folder where the downloaded Template Collection file (.ltc) is located and select it. 
    • Done! The new templates will appear in the Templates tab > Purchased.  

If you’re on Mac: 

• Launch Luminarᴬᴵ.
    • In the top bar menu, click File > Add Luminarᴬᴵ Template Collection.
    • In the window that opens, navigate to the folder where the downloaded Template Collection file (.ltc) is located and select it. 
    • Done! The new templates will appear in the Templates tab > Purchased. 

Skies

First of all, please unzip the downloaded pack. On Mac, double-click the zipped file. On Windows, right-click the .zip file to select Extract All.

• Load a picture with the sky that you want to replace in Luminar.
    • In the top-bar menu, select the Edit tab.
    • In the right Tools panel, scroll down to the Creative section.
    • Choose Skyᴬᴵ > Sky Selection. 
    • In the window that opens select the upper menu with skies > find Custom in the drop-down list:

In the Custom section, click the + button:

• A dialog window will open where you'll need to navigate to the folder with your skies and choose the one you need. 
    • Confirm the selection.
    • Skyᴬᴵ will work with your own photos if they are in one of the following formats: JPEG, PNG, and TIFF

If you'd like to add these skies to the default drop-down menu, click Skyᴬᴵ > Sky Selection > select upper menu with skies > Show Custom Skies

> copy the skies to the folder that opens. 

We recommend keeping no more than 50 skies loaded at a time for better performance.

This video tutorial can also be helpful: https://vimeo.com/555513945 

LUTs

1. Launch Luminarᴬᴵ
    2. In the top bar menu, switch to the Edit tab. 
    3. Scroll down to the Creative section.
    4. Click Mood > Choose LUT > Load Custom LUT file 
    5. A dialog window will open where you'll need to navigate to the folder with your LUTs and choose the one you need. 
    6. Confirm the selection.

This video tutorial can also be helpful: https://vimeo.com/555535162 

Follow these instructions to add the textures: https://manual.skylum.com/ai/en/topic/texture

Luminar Neo

Preset Collections

Preset Collections for Luminar Neo have an .lnpc extension. 

If you’re on Windows: 

• Launch Luminar Neo.
    • Click Luminar Neo> File > Add Luminar Neo Preset Collection.
    • In the window that opens, navigate to the folder where the downloaded Preset Collection file (.lnpc) is located and select it. 
    • Done! The new preset pack will appear in the Presets tab > Purchased

If you’re on Mac: 

• Launch Luminar Neo.
    • In the top bar menu, click File > Add Luminar Neo Preset Collection.
    • In the window that opens, navigate to the folder where the downloaded Preset Collection file (.lnpc) is located and select it. 
    • Done! The new preset pack will appear in the Presets tab > Purchased

Skies

First of all, please unzip the downloaded pack. On Mac, double-click the zipped file. On Windows, right-click the .zip file to select Extract All.

• In the top-bar menu, select the Edit tab.
    • In the right Tools panel, scroll down to the Creative section.
    • Choose Skyᴬᴵ > Sky Selection. 
    • In the window that opens select the upper menu with skies > find Custom in the drop-down list:

In the Custom section, click the + button:

• A dialog window will open where you'll need to navigate to the folder with your skies and choose the one you need. 
    • Confirm the selection.
    • Skyᴬᴵ will work with your own photos if they are in one of the following formats: JPEG, PNG, and TIFF

If you'd like to add these skies to the default drop-down menu, click Skyᴬᴵ > Sky Selection > select upper menu with skies > Show Custom Skies

> copy the skies to the folder that opens. 

We recommend keeping no more than 50 skies loaded at a time for better performance.

LUTs -  the identical algorithm as in Luminar AI.

Overlays

In the Edit tab, click on the + button under 'Layers':

After clicking on the + button, choose "Load Image" > navigate to the place where the overlay is located and choose the object: 

It is possible to adjust layer properties in the right "Tools" panel:

Luminar 4

Presets/Looks

Look packs for Luminar 4 have .mplumpack extension. 

• Launch Luminar.
    • Click File > Add Luminar Looks Collection.
    • Navigate to the folder where the downloaded Look pack file (.mplumpack) is located and select it. 
    • Luminar should tell you that it has successfully installed the pack.

Here are the video tutorials that may also be helpful:

Individual look files for Luminar 4 have .lmp extension.

To install individual look files:

• Launch Luminar.
    • Click File > Show Luminar Looks Folder.
    • Copy .lmp files into the folder that you’ve opened in Step 2.
    • Restart Luminar.

Skies

• Navigate to the Creative Tab (a palette icon): 

• Choose AI Sky Replacement tool > Sky Selection. 
    • Scroll down the list of the pre-installed skies > Load Custom Sky Image. 
    • A dialog window will open where you'll need to choose your own sky image. 
    • Confirm the selection and enjoy the tool!

AI Sky Replacement will work with your own photos if they are in one of the following formats: JPEG, JPG, PNG, and TIFF.  

If you'd like to add these skies to the default menu list, click AI Sky Replacement tool > Sky Selection > Show Custom Skies > copy the sky textures to the folder that opens. 

It is recommended to keep fewer than 50 skies at a time loaded for better performance. 

LUTs

In Luminar > navigate to Creative Tab > Color Styles > click Choose LUT > Load Custom LUT file > navigate to the file you wish to load.

If additional questions arise, please contact our support team via support@skylum.com  and we will consult you in a more detailed way

Please sign in to leave a comment.