Luminar Neo 1.1.1 Update: Duplicate Layers and bug fixes

Pinned Featured

Comments

13 comments

Howard Lebowitz

Thanks for fixing the radial masking bug on cropped images.

Comment actions Permalink
    Jari Juntunen

Luminar Neo update 1.1.1. crashes/closes as soon as I click instal

Win10,64bit

Agatha Winter

Hi Jari,

Let's try reinstalling Luminar Neo. Please follow the steps below:

Uninstall Luminar.

How to uninstall an app on Windows 10 (click this text to open the link).

Clear your registry:

• Visit https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download?pc
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the table and click Download from CCleaner.com in the first column.
    • Once the download has finished, launch the file and install CCleaner on your computer.
    • Launch CCleaner.
    • Click Registry on the left.
    • Click Review Selected Issues in the lower left. Wait for the scan to finish.
    • After the scan has finished, click Fix Selected Issues in the lower right.
    • Close CCleaner.

Reboot your PC.

Download the latest version of Luminar Neo from here: 

https://downloads.skylum.com/luminarneo/win/Win_Luminar_Neo.msi 

Once the installer has finished downloading, locate it in your Downloads folder (or wherever you chose to save it), right-click the file, and click Run As Administrator. A prompt might appear asking you whether you wish to confirm your action, click Yes and wait for the installer to load. Then, follow the instructions on the screen.

I really hope this helps. 

On MacOs Apple Silicon:

Please add the ability to amend the results of Mask AI.

In this example for example there are no mountains in the picture. Plus, at times the found components are in the wrong place.

It would be handy to be able to add or remove components tags, and also, for each found component to be able to amend the covered masked section (i.e, it find Flora, but it selects some human faces as Flora as well, it would be good we could erase the flower mask from the human faces, as well as refining the Flora mask coverage)

On MacOs Apple Silicon:

Can you correct the Portrait Bokeh algorithm? It often creates these artifacts that are no where close to what a lens would produce:

In the first picture I used the Focus tool to add focus to the flower, though it still maintained the blur around it. In a situation like this it may not be a big deal, but I have noticed that when the background is not blank, focusing more area to remove the artifact, removes bokeh from the items in the background, defeating the purpose of the tool.

This is the picture that is on your webapge.

This is one of the provided sample images.

On MacOs Apple Silicon:

Instead of automatically showing and hiding the masks, please add a button so that the user can manually toggle the mask to be ON-OFF. The reason for that is that the auto-show-hide is buggy and sometimes it keeps displaying the mask even when you hover-out of the masked item. Plus at times, one simply wants to operate on the picture without seeing the red mask shade.

On MacOs Apple Silicon:

There is a bug with the Tools/Edits. If you open a tool and make a modification, even if you cancel your actions using the Reset Tool button nullifying all changes of that specific tool, that tool gets still added to Edits even without any changes enabled.

Please allow editing of previously added edits without disabling the effects that were added afterwards.

Seeing changes in context makes it easier to understand how the changes affect the overall result, as opposed to making changes in isolation.

Agatha Winter

Hi Member,

Thank you for your detailed feedback! I'll make sure to pass your suggestions to the relevant team.

As for the halo that appears after using the Portrait AI Bokeh tool, could you please reach out to our team at https://skylum.com/support and send a couple of screenshots illustrating the issue? Thanks in advance!

Hello thanks for the update. We pray for the people in Ukraine, it’s not easy to work in this environment.

I think most urgent tool to develop is duplicate stamp. The erase tool is not always perfect. Furthermore it would be nice to have faster process in general. I am using MacBook Pro M1 and it’s quite slow.

Thanks

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Member,
    Thanks for your feedback and kind words to support us!

We understand the importance of the Clone&Stamp tool, and our devs are doing their best to deliver it as soon as possible.

As for the performance issue, please get in touch with our support team at https://skylum.com/support, they'll help you to make your Luminar run faster.

Carlos Figueiredo

What is the latest Luminar Neo build? I have 1.1.1 build 9877 and the program says I'm up to date, but Softexia advertises version 1.1.1 build 9884 in their site... what is the difference between this two builds??? Thanks.

Helga Hufflepuff

Hello Carlos Figueiredo,

The latest build number is 1.1.1 build 9877, so you are up to date :)

Please sign in to leave a comment.