Version 1.1: Performance is extremely poor.

Answered

Comments

8 comments

• Official comment
    Austin Miller

Hello Thomas,

I am sorry to hear that you have faced the performance issue.

Would you be so kind as to reach us via https://skylum.com/support so we can look into the issue?

Comment actions Permalink
    Anastasiia Moore

Hi Member,

Currently, we're focused on the delivery of all advertised tools.

To ensure the highest quality of the tools and their smooth performance in the app, we need a little bit more time to be ready.

Due to the war in our country, Ukraine, our deadlines have slightly shifted, however, we're catching up with them, and I'm positive that you'll be able to enjoy all the tools soon.

I'm truly sorry for this inconvenience, as I understand you'd like to enjoy all the functions ASAP.

Stephan Remillard

Hi,

I have a 2017 Mac i5 with 8gb ram. 

Only programs besides Apple is Luminar 4 and Neo.

When I use Luminar 4 to edit my pictures, it's pretty much flawless and transition between looks is instant.

Neo on the other hand is the opposite. very poor performance using presets. very long wait between preset, sometimes it freezes. Basic functions have improved but odd times it will lag.

I've reduced my photo to a few but without success.

Any help would be great!

Elena O'Brien

Hi there,

Please reach out to us at http://skylum.com/support and we'll get that sorted out for you ASAP.

Sergio López

Hi Stephan,

I have the same iMac as you and the same issue with Luminar Neo. Luminar 4, on the other hand, works fine. I just contacted Skylum support.

Sergio

Stephan Remillard

Hi Sergio,

When I heard about Neo, I thought it would perform much faster than Luminar 4.

Support contacted me but it seems that there is no fix yet for us.

Ever since the release of Neo, it’s parked and always awaiting the next firmware update to see if it’s useable. 

I’m giving it another firmware update and if that fails, I’ll be removing it completely and sticking with Luminar 4 as my main.

Sergio López

Hi Stephan,

Support is looking into my case, I haven't heard back yet. It's a bummer that Neo is performing so slowly, I guess we'll have to stick to Luminar 4 for the time being.

Sergio

Katherine Nelson

Hi Sergio! As far as I can see, one of our support agents has already replied to you via email. Please kindly check your inbox.

Please sign in to leave a comment.