The Luminar Neo 1.1.0 Update is here, bringing you the long-anticipated Portrait Background Removal feature.
Now you can select a human in your photo and automatically remove the background behind them — no tedious editing required. Achieve precise selections, enjoy a smart refinement brush, and save the portrait as a separate PNG file to use as you please. You can find this feature within the Masking options. It’s time to spark your creativity!
Additionally, there are lots of improvements for your Layers workflow. Enjoy support for raw files. On added Layers, use Fit, Fill, and Stretch in Image mapping and retain the desired proportions. Reorder Layers as you wish. Double-click the slider button to reset the Layer opacity to the default setting. Export PNG, TIFF, and JPEG2000 files with saved transparency (only when using Luminar Neo as a standalone app).
Plus, enjoy lots of small tweaks that make the interface even more pleasant: collapsing groups in Tools, updated Crop AI tools, and small changes to the Erase button.
To top it all off, we’ve caught more than 20 bugs that could lead to unexpected results. The Skylum team is still working for you from a war zone. We hope you love this update and create fantastic images thanks to these improvements.
- Correctly display the choose subject functionality in the Vignette tool on added Layers
- Get a notification if you have Iris XE graphics with old drivers installed
- Launch Luminar Neo faster even if you have an inactive network drive connected
- See the Histogram working correctly when you launch the application
- Use the sliders in the Landscape Tool without activating the Foliage Hue slider
- Open Luminar twice as a plugin with smart objects and see your previous Erase edits as expected
- Use the desired brush size in Erase without the size changing when you navigate to the Edits tab and back to the Tools tab
- Press Clear mask and the selected categories in Mask AI will be unselected
Please sign in to leave a comment.