Luminar Neo Amount Slider for Presets is Greatly Missed

Answered

Comments

34 comments

Katherine Nelson

Hi Hadrian!

Indeed, at this time, there's no slider that would allow you to adjust the amount of selected preset.

But we are considering adding this slider in future updates. Thanks for sharing your feedback:)

Comment actions Permalink
    Hadrian Robinson

Thanks for the response, Katherine.

I hope the Amount slider is added back into Luminar Neo. It has literally been present in every other version of Luminar. It’s odd Skylum removed it, but added the ability to individually  tweak the settings of a preset. Why not have both ways of making changes to a Preset?

Tania Taylor

Hi Hadrian Robinson!

We totally understand why you'd want to have this feature back, so we've already added your vote to the corresponding discussion with our product team.

Philip Grönqvist

Hi,

Agree this function is very useful. Just purchased Luminar Neo, used Luminar 3 a couple of years ago. This function alone was one of the reasons for returning to Skylum. Normally the presets are a bit aggressive to me, so this slider is much appreciated to use as a starting point for your edit. Please bring it back.   

Hi, yes, please bring this feature back, it's really useful for quickly adjusting a photo.

JJ Combs

I would like to add my vote to having this feature added to Neo.  I use it in most of my workflows in Luminar AI, and it is the last piece that has prevented me from using Neo on a regular basis.

Hadrian Robinson

It’s been over two months since my initial post and I’m still hoping this feature gets added back.

Interestingly, Adobe has just added this exact feature within Lightroom for doing global adjustments to presets. It’s an extremely useful feature!

Hans H. Siegrist

Another vote for the Presets intensity slider!

Rikki Singh

I’d like to add my vote for the return of this global preset slider. It would be good to have it along with the individual component sliders

It is available in both Photoshop and Lightroom.

Hilltops

+1

Nik Schulze

+1

Rodolfo Ribas

Another vote for the Presets intensity slider!

I would like the Presets intensity slider back neo

Joel Wexler

I don't understand. Your ace programmer could probably install the slider code in under an hour.

I have to bring the original and modified version into photoshop as layers and modify the opacity. Please please give us the slider.

Brad Switzer

I literally still use Luminar AI instead of Luminar Neo I paid for because one of the most important sliders in the program was removed. Now I can't even preview a less intense effect, and I have to apply the full effect and guess. Then take the image back to Photoshop and reduce the opacity to my linking. What a clunky nightmare. No idea why Sklum would have done this. It's bad enough you release different versions of the same program (causing us to lose all our presets, skies, etc. and have to rework everything) but you took away vital features to boot. And then you apparently want people to sign up for a monthly fee for all of this which seems ridiculous for the type of software you should be able to simply purchase. Very disappointed in Skylum and the poor choices they've made.

Hadrian Robinson

Exactly right, Brad! Between the intensity slider’s removal, and persistent bugs that still seem to be present on M1-series Mac computers, I don’t even touch Luminar Neo anymore.

I certainly won’t be buying anymore Skylum products going forward, let alone paying them a monthly subscription fee! Good grief!

Anastasiia Moore

Hi all!
    Let me kindly reassure you that all your comments on this matter have been passed to our developers.
    Hopefully, the amount slider for the presets can be added in the future. 

Amanda Gray

I agree. Please put the slider back for the presets. They are often too strong and so I do not use presets which is a shame

Fredi Markovitz

Hi alI,

I also agree it missing amouynt of a preset, I like the mostly the preseys but there is no slider to choose the amount of a preset, like Adobe Lightorrtm Classic added recently.

Ulf Jondelius

I would like to add my vote for returning the presets amount slider as soon as possible!

Please add my vote to adding back the preset amount slider. The originals are often too strong and I need a more subtle approach. Thank you!

Wayne McGuirt

Add my vote as well for the preset slider. Seems to be two steps forward, one step back with Luminar.

Ewa Ressel

+1, agree that presets are sometimes very aggressive and adjustment slider is just a necessity!

Aleksander Jarosz

Please bring slider back. I simply hate using NEO since the slider disappeared. So I have to use AI...

Tania Taylor

Hi! 

I've added your votes to the corresponding discussion, thank you!

Brandon Smith

preset intensity slider please

Please bring the slider back. Presets are often too strong so I end up not using it. And since I got luminar NEO because of the fast editing this results in the program barely getting any use.

Michael Murphy

+1

Fredi Markovitz

After so many votes for long period, I don't understand why Skylum is ignoring the request to add Slider amount of Preset. Is Skylum around to answer ?????  if they have technical issue to do it let us know, but to ignore doesn't sound serious..... 

Tania Taylor

Hi Fredi Markovitz!

The truth is that there are some technical issues involved. Prior to update 1.0.5, presets in Luminar Neo were black-boxed (='closed'). It was not possible to modify the tools included in them. Since the 1.0.5 update, the presets are white boxed (=open), and you can edit each tool that is part of it in the Edit tab. This is why the Intensity slider to adjust the overall intensity of a preset is no longer available.

However, our devs team is working on bringing back the slider in future updates. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.