Luminar 1.0.7 is UNSTABLE - do not install

Answered

Comments

7 comments

Helena Carter

Hi Francois de Melogue,

I'm sorry this is happening. Please, get in touch with us through skylum.com/support so we could look into this issue.

Comment actions Permalink
    Francois de Melogue

already put a ticket in.

Michael Pegg

Sorry you have problems but I have Neo 1.07 and have no problems with the upgrade on Windows 11.   You have done the best thing in contacting support but IMHO I think your post is a bit over the top.😢

Francois de Melogue

Michael - you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Post over the top? How does the powerline tool work for you? I do real estate work and sometimes removing powerlines is a necessary thing. Sometimes it is a good start, and sometimes it makes more of a mess. I like Luminar and think people should know that just because there is an update that maybe you should wait to install it, at least until they get the bugs out of it. Happy it worked well for you - are you going from PS to NEO - back to PS? Because the issue is not with WIN11 and NEO but with PS and NEO, at least for me. 

Michael Pegg

Hi Francois agree everyone is entitled to an opinion but IMHO it seemed a complete condemnation.  Neo is not perfect, but improving, although I don't know any software that's perfect. If you had said the problem was just with PS and Neo it would have made more sense.

I do hope and expect improvement to the features as we haven't even reached ver 1.1. What success will version 1.2 or 1.3 bring? Maybe to the standard now achieved with the sky replacement.  A thought that I feel we both will be in agreement on.😄

I hope 1.8 sorts the PS/Neo problem.

Francois de Melogue

HOWDY, AGAIN. I think you are reading way more into what I wrote than actually what I wrote. I described how the problem arose; the common problems that a lot of people have with NEO (powerlines being mentioned quite often in reviews - and the main reason I was excited about this program); why I chose to do it using NEO as a plugin, and how it failed. And looking for a possible solution - like an easier way to roll back updates if they do not work on your system - which this one does not. I should clarify as a standalone program it works fine. Though I suspect a lot of people are like me and use it within their flows. For clarity's sake, I also use NIK the same exact way. Do you work for Skylum? If so, another bug in NEO is the portrait tools do not work as good as they did in AI. I have tried using the exact same image and using facelight. In NEO, it does not recognize that there is a face but in AI the program does. Interesting. Ciao

Michael Pegg

No I am just a user like you. Good point you raised on portrait tool have you reported it to Skylum? Sorry if I have offended you.😢

Please sign in to leave a comment.