Luminar Neo 1.0.7 Update: Pick your favorite tools

Pinned

Comments

15 comments

Hilltops

Thanks for the update, Skylum Team!

Comment actions Permalink
    Francois de Melogue

Just downloaded the new update - it crashes my computer and is very unstable - do not download until they fix bugs. I am running windows 11 pro.  Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900 CPU @ 3.10GHz   3.10 GHz 32 gb ram. Specifically, I am editing a client's photoshoot in photoshop and wanted to use neo as a filter (which I always do) and it freezes photoshop. How do I uninstall this update?

Francois de Melogue

I have to shut down and start up again.

Ulrich Goetze

After the Update, all new RAW files from my Lumix GX9 show in the info Panel 0x0 px and
    i can not open them any more! 
    Seems to be a bug! All in the previous release imported Raw files
    work.
    (With Luminar AI everything works fine.)
    EDIT: After contacting the support, the creation of a new catalog seems to be a solution. (File > Catalog > New)

Katherine Nelson

Hi guys! We'd be very grateful if you reach out to our support team via https://skylum.com/support so we could take a closer look at the issues you have encountered.

What a crab, having done the update ti 1.0.7. first it doesn`t show the "bearbeten" on the side. It runs on 97% CPU usage and finally it crashes...

addition: after start it takes 1min to release the buttons for tools and presets....

and then there is no histogram....

urgently I need to know how to uninstall the update

Kate Williams

Hi Member,

The Histogram is already available. To enable it, right-click the image > Show Histogram. 

As for the issue itself, I recommend restoring from backup this way:

1. Make sure Luminar is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar Neo Catalog folder. The default location is C:\Users\%username%\Pictures. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar Neo Catalog folder. Choose any name you like.

Try to launch Luminar Neo and create a new catalog. If you're able to load the app, please, try the following steps:

1. Make sure Luminar Neo is closed.
    2. Navigate to where your previous catalog is stored.
    3. Locate the Backups folder in the catalog and open it.
    4. In the Backups folder, select a file that has been created prior to when you encountered the issue with the library and copy the file somewhere where you can easily access it.
    5. Rename the file you just copied by adding the following after the file name (omit quotes): '.luminarneo'.
    6. Start Luminar Neo.
    7. Click Luminar Neo >File > Catalog > Open > point Luminar to the file from Step 5.

If you want to install Luminar Neo 1.0.6, you can do so via this link:  https://downloads.skylum.com/luminarneo/win/Win_Luminar_Neo_1.0.6.msi

Kayla Hudson

I have installed the new update, but no new features have been added other than the histogram? There is no undo/redo button (ctrl+z and ctrl+y are not working on my windows 11), I have no clone/stamp button, and no dodge/burn button. Is there something else I am supposed to do? I have downloaded and installed the update, and relaunched the app, but nothing seems to change? 

Austin Miller

Hello Kayla,

Indeed, not a lot of new tools were added in this update.

However, it's a minor one and it has fixed several bugs that were influencing the comfort usage of Luminar Neo.

New tools are going to be added in the future major updates. Stay tuned!

Werner Rudolf

I´m really disappointed, the backgroundAI isn´t included, even though it´s promoted on the product page and also the promotional video. This was THE reason I thought it and now it isn´t there. Furthermore the app is horrible slow on my intel I7 9th gen and 32Gig ram with Nvidia RTX. It is verry laggy when I move sliders. Also rescaling images via export don´t work, this is an basic function for any image editing app. The catalog is laggy too and some pictures are displayed in black. To me it seems like Luminar Neo is still in beta stage.        

Katherine Nelson

Hi Werner,

We'd be grateful if you reach out to our support team via https://skylum.com/support so we could investigate the issues you have encountered.

Werner Rudolf

Hi Katherine,

actually already asked for a refund yesterday at the support link above, because the promoted backgroundAI isn´t included in this version. There´s no hint in your promotion that it is a planned feature for upcomming versions of Luminar Neo or have i overlooked something. I understand that the situation isn´t easy in the ukraine at the moment, but you simply shoud not promise features that currently arent there. I bought it mostly for the promised AI featueres. Additionaly the AI masking tool was not really accurate enough for my needs as it wasn´t able to mask fingers and hair in several pictures. In this state I only have bought a slow editig tool (on a fairly powerful PC, i do raytracing 3d design on it)  with some nice features, but without the most importat functions. However, Skylum should fix the issues that me and other people mentioned as soon as possible and maybe I can keep this program. I hope you have some further information for me about how to go on, otherwise I want the guaranteed 30 days money back. Thank you                           

David Veitch

Hi

I've been using Neo since its release and really enjoying it. However for large quantities of exports finding it's much slower than AI. Would be good to see it get up to speed with what AI is capable of with its exports :)

Please sign in to leave a comment.