Model intensity slider not found

Answered

Comments

8 comments

Carl Peterson

Emmanuel,

I'm guessing at what you are writing about, please correct me with more detail if I've got it wrong.

In Luminar AI, a Template was applied as a single edit item, and we could adjust the strength of the overall effect of the Template with the slider below the Template's name.  I think that is what you are talking about.

Luminar Neo completely changed how edits are applied.  Based on community input, and probably how Neo's rendering engine is designed (very different than in AI), Neo applies its Presets as the individual edit tool settings instead of an overall effect.  My thinking is that would make implementing a Preset effect strength slider quite hard to do in Neo.

So, it's not present Neo most likely due to how Neo is architected.  It would be nice to have, but again, not sure how they would implement it.

Carl

Note: I'm not an employee of Skylum Software, nor do I have any access to the actual coding of the Luminar applications.  So, please take my statements as conjecture.

Comment actions Permalink
    EMMANUEL FIANDINO

Hello and thank you for your response. Yes that's exactly it, but for me it becomes complicated, indeed, when I apply a model in Luminar AI, I positioned the slider at around 60% and the photo was perfect for me, now I have to do multiples settings, it's too long and I'm wasting time.

Agatha Winter

Hi EMMANUEL,

Since the 1.0.5 update, the presets are white boxed (=open), and you can edit each tool that is part of it in the Edit tab. This is why the Intensity slider to adjust the overall intensity of a preset is no longer available.

Nevertheless, I'll forward your concern to our devs team for their further consideration. This slider may be reintroduced in future releases. 

I'm also facing this issue.

People using templates will want a fast template strength adjustment, not going in to adjust 10 different individual parameter.

considering going back to luminar AI because of this.

Rodolfo Ribas

I'm also facing this issue. I also bought Luminar AI. And Luminar AI has this template adjustment slider. I watch videos of the Luminar NEO and when I open the app I canr see an adjustment button for templates.

EMMANUEL FIANDINO

I switched back to Luminar AI, I don't use Neo anymore, too complicated and I waste time

Aleksander Jarosz

Please bring slider back. I simply hate using NEO since the slider disappeared. So I have to use AI...

Please sign in to leave a comment.