Mask AI Refinement needed...

Answered

Comments

5 comments

Katherine Nelson

Hi! Please note that you can erase the mask if you choose a Brush in Masking menu:

We'd be also grateful if you provide us with some sample images. Our techs could use them for further improvements. 

Here's how you can send us the files:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request at https://skylum.com/support
    Comment actions Permalink

I will upload samples.

Ah...I just figured it out. Once the Mask AI selects, there is no indication that the mask exists unless you actually click on the picture which THEN reveals the mask. Isn't there a way to toggle Reveal Mask? You should have a video or some kind of documentation that explains this workflow.

Is there a way to copy the mask from one module to the other? It's a huge waste of time having to mask several modules with the same mask...especially if the mask needs custom refinement.

Thank you for the prompt replies.

Update: Yes, you can copy and paste the masks across different modules. Unless it's explicitly documented, guessing how to use the tool is counterproductive. I know for a fact, this is not how you want your patrons to learn using your program. Please...write a basic user manual for new tools. Even just a single page summary would be fine until you get a legitimate manual.

Agatha Winter

Hi Member - You can learn more about how to use Mask AI here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ilh-6qHL3Y&ab_channel=JimNix

We're still improving the tool so please don't hesitate to share your suggestions and feedback with us :)

Thank you. Yes...the video was helpful but you should ask your YouTube creator to also show how the mask can be copied across different modules. When will there be a manual for this program?

Mask AI is a great addition to the program now that I understand how it works. Please add a "Show/Hide Mask" toggle because I don't see the mask once I switch tools, images, or restart the program. Lastly, Mask AI needs to be trained to make smarter selections for trees and people with dynamic contrast backgrounds. Thank you for all your effort and prompt replies.

Kate Williams

Member,

Thanks for your comments. The manual is in progress right now, we expect to publish it as soon as possible. 

Each tool has its own mask. Here's how you can show it:

If you've already created a mask on one of the tools, you can open the Mask Actions menu shown in the screenshot above and click 'Copy'. Then, switch to the next tool > again open Masking > Mask actions > Paste.

As far as the quality of detection is concerned, we'll definitely improve it. Please feel free to submit samples via the link above. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.