Luminar Neo 1.0.6 Update: Enjoy powerful Mask AI & Histogram

Pinned Answered

Comments

15 comments

Howard Lebowitz

Given the horrible cicumstances you have in Ukraine I am amazed the team continues to give us these amazing updates. Thank you and be well.

Comment actions Permalink
    Ivan Azure

Hi Howard,
    Thank you for the feedback and support! Your opinion is highly appreciated. The customers' satisfaction is our headmost priority. 

Tjark Hansberg

Would really like to try out the new features, but my camera is not supported yet (OM System OM-1).

Bob Shrader

I'm sure we all appreciate your regular updates despite the awful circumstances of war in your country. Thank you for delivering Mask AI. It's not perfect yet but the tools are there to tweak the mask, making it a time-saving editing tool.

Also, thanks for adding the Histogram.

Agatha Winter

Hi Tjark,

Indeed, the camera Olympus OM-1 is yet to be supported by Luminar.

However, we're constantly working on expanding the supported camera list. Thus, it's just a matter of time until the app is able to read the files produced by your camera properly. I've also added your vote to the corresponding discussion.

For now, we recommend you install Adobe DNG Converter and convert your RAW files to DNG file format (which is supported by Luminar). 

Please use one of the links below to download Adobe DNG Converter:

For Mac OS:
    https://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_mac/ 

For Windows:
    https://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_win/ 

Richard Ryan

Looks good. I appreciate the updates. Mask AI really needs to support animals and birds. It's pretty useless for wildlife and pet photographers.

Kate Williams

Hi Richard, 

I appreciate you taking the time to try the new update! We do plan to enhance the tool further, hopefully, the animals/birds recognition is added in the future. I'll share your opinion with our product team. 

Roy Freborg

Can someone tell me how to do something with a mask? I can click on an object (vehicle, sky, etc) and get a pretty good mask, but then what? Anything I do, the mask goes away. There is obviously a fundamental step I don't know.

I have been using AI masking and am getting to grips with how to use it. It's looking very promising but I do have one question, if I select an element of the AI mask e.g. Human, Architecture etc. it will display what the AI has decided is appropriate. However it is not always accurate and I'd like to add or subtract from the presented mask so as to include/exclude parts of the image. I ca't see a way to finesse the suggested mask. Am I missing something?

Howard Lebowitz

Roy Freborg

Try this video Mask AI

Thanks for pointing me in that direction, I hadn't found that video which shows me exactly what I was trying to do. Unfortunately my copy of Neo doesn't seem to work like that in the video. If I follow exactly what is demonstrated and select architecture in Mask AI I get the expected result but if I then go to select the Brush tool, the AI mask disappears whereas in the video it stayed visible. I'm guessing this is a bug in my particular setup (MacBook Air with M1 processor OS Monterey 12.3).

Ah!! I didn't have the Mask Actions set to show. If I click on that it works fine. Many thanks for the help.

Howard Lebowitz

Yes, I was going to mention that you have to click Show to see the mask and adjust it.

Skyler Ewing has done dozens of Luminar Neo tutorials.

You can see them here.

Roland du Toit

Hi, I apologize so much if this is the wrong area to report a bug, but the forum category and post made sense.

I have an image of water with a boat, and have used the crop tool to rotate so that the water is horizontal.

I then used the "Develop" tab and used AI Mask, and it detects the objects very well and the shape looks perfect - but the mask is placed what appears to be in the pre-rotation spot for that object.

Picture is attached for reference.

Cheers!

Howard Lebowitz

Roland du Toit

I reported this bug last month. When using Radial and Linear Gradients on a cropped image the area masked is offset from the area selected. Skylum was able to recreate the bug and it was still not fixed in 1.0.7.

Please sign in to leave a comment.