Comment actions Permalink
    Bob Hunt

Thanks Roy,

I'll give it a shot. 

Tania Taylor

Hi Bob Hunt!

Here’s how you can upload custom skies:  

• Load a picture with the sky that you want to replace in Luminar.
    • In the top-bar menu, select the Edit tab.
    • In the right Tools panel, scroll down to the Creative section.
    • Choose Skyᴬᴵ > Sky Selection. 
    • In the window that opens select the upper menu with skies > find Custom in the drop-down list:
    •  
    • In the Custom section, click the + button:
    •  
    • A dialog window will open where you'll need to navigate to the folder with your skies and choose the one you need. 
    • Confirm the selection and enjoy the tool!
    • Skyᴬᴵ will work with your own photos if they are in one of the following formats: JPEG, PNG, and TIFF

If you'd like to add these skies to the default drop-down menu, click Skyᴬᴵ > Sky Selection > select upper menu with skies > Show Custom Skies

> copy the skies to the folder that opens. 

We recommend keeping no more than 50 skies loaded at a time for better performance.

Bob Hunt

All well and good for AI but that option is not available in NEO. I am not being too judgmental with the Skylum software, considering the situation in the Ukraine ....... but it is obvious NEO is designed for those who create images not photographers who do the work to take photos.

It's a long-held practice to replace sky's, crop, dodge and other alterations but it is unethical in recognized photographic salons (competitions) to add images not made by the creator. Even in open competition. 

Being said, I have used the sample skies to improve some non-competitive images and they work well. The AI engine is very good to perform some editing tasks, and I expect more refinement as the invasion situation improves. The people in the west support Ukraine's independence. 

Bob Hunt

Opps...... spoke too soon, I went back to the step-by-step guide and found I could create my custom folder for Skies  

Robert Grenader

Nonsense.  I am a professional Landscape photographer and Luminar NEO is a critical part of my post-processing workflow.  I also use Luminar AI but only for the Sky Objects function when I want to insert birds or a Giraffe into my image.

Photographic competitions are dominated by narrow-minded SOOC types who view post-processing- as an anathema. It is really nobody's business how I achieve my final result.

Different strokes and all.

Please sign in to leave a comment.