No Sliders after latest Luminar NEO update

Answered

Comments

20 comments

Michael Pegg

Hi Brian

Not useless as the Preset's now show in Edits and can be individually seen and amended there.  Or amended and save as your preferred preset.   Much more flexible option although some miss the slider.

Comment actions Permalink
    Tania Taylor

Hi Brian Moyes!

Indeed, there's no general opacity slider, but you can adjust individual tools included in the preset in the Edits tab. I have also forwarded your concern to our devs team for their further consideration.

Tino Korn

Unfortunately, the presets for me are no longer usable without opacity controllers. I would like to verine the opacity for all filters used by the picture look.
    This is now all used filters in Edit is not a substitute.
    Example: 7 filters were applied which are one above the other in planes. I am e.g. Saturation too high. Now I go to the developing regulator who is in the stack down. Thus, all filters and its effect are hidden by the developing filter.
    I reduce in developing filters the opacity until I like the result. But: is in the filter stack over the development filter a filter which also engages in saturation (e.g., Landscape Dunst Remove, Golden Hour) Saturation (corresponding to the setting of the landscape filter) will be added to the image (if I return to the top Filter Click to have the look of the preset again) and my reduction in saturation in developing filter has no longer the effect as I have set it.

Brian Moyes

Thanks to everyone for the speedy response and taking the time to reply. I see how it works now and will continue to enjoy using the excellent program.

Kind regards

Brian

Bill Turri

Tania Taylor the response from Tino Korn speaks to the issue. I agree *in general* that multiple independent edit sliders are more flexible, HOWEVER, what is  needed is a real-time "final preview" that shows the effect of each slider on the final image. Right now if I adjust a slider halfway down the list of edits, I don't see the real impact of that change until I apply the rest of the preset again. 

For your development team: a list of independent sliders with a final all-encompassing preview would be what we most need. Thank you! 

Cherry Luda

Hi I also miss the preset sliders, they saved me time and gave me a better product experience
    I understand that this can now be done via Edit however miss the preset sliders too.
    I hope this can be re-introduced. Thank you kindly for considering

Ivan Azure

Hi All! We will remind the representatives of the responsible department about the relevance of the demand.

Eric Watson

Just another way for Luminar or Skylum to make money off of us!!!! By taking features away and slowly adding them back in next years addition! Bad Business SKYLUM!!!!!!! Bad Business time to go back to ONONE capture.🤬

Michael Pegg

Eric 

The change to show the various edits of a preset and then be able to change them I feel was an enhancement and IMHO much better than just a slider.  If it is possible to have both that would be good but if it's a choice I prefer to be able to edit and be aware of the individual edits.

Certainly not Skylum trying to do BAD Business.

Ivan Azure

Hi Michael,
    Nice to hear that the indicated tendency turned out to be convenient for you. We appreciate your opinion and understanding <3

Cathe Okuniewicz

I like the new edits. But I do miss the slider. I added a preset and it was so strong I couldn't see if I would like that preset at all. If I had the slider to take it down to say 50%, I would be able to see better what the photo should look like with that preset and get to a better starting point with the edits.

Agatha Winter

Hi Cathe,

Since the 1.0.5 update, the presets are white boxed (=open), and you can edit each tool that is part of it in the Edit tab. This is why the Intensity slider to adjust the overall intensity of a preset is no longer available.

Nevertheless, I'll forward your concern to our devs team for their further consideration. This slider may be reintroduced in future releases. 

Tino Korn

Hello Agatha Winter, a global deck of decline through the individual tools in the edit tab is not possible. If a tool is changed further down in the stack, you cannot assess the total effect of the change, since the tools above it completely change the look again.

Daniel Fabian

Hi together,

an extra overall intensity slider for the built-in presets would be nice in the presets tab.

Now you have to go from presets to edit and history tab. Not very user-friendly for a "first look" of the preset.

I have a Luminar preset that I apply as a final step in my post processing workflow and if you are applying the same preset to 50 photos in a project for example, the amount slider is critically important for speed. Until the amount slider comes back I'll be using Luminar AI. Please consider bringing it back. Thank you and please stay safe.

Tino Korn

Yes, if I want to work with presets, I am no longer using Neo at the moment. With every update what comes, I see if the deck regulator is back. Not until now. Even the support could not tell me whether the function was coming back.

Fred Woodman

No opacity slider! Gone back to AI , wish I hadn’t bought the presets. Removing the opacity slider was just a poorly thought out idea.As a plug in I have photoshop if I want to make 20 separate adjustments i don’t need Neo!

Tino Korn

This thread is already months old.
    But nothing has changed in relation to the deck regulator.
    Luminar has already released some updates.
    However, the deck regulator for presets has not come back.
    The support says that now all settings that a preset contain under "Changes"
    can change individually. However, this has nothing to do with a global deck regulator.
    Example: I use the preset "iconic" (Black and White). Now I would like to minimize the opacity of this preset.
    So now I have to go to changes and adapt all the filters used for the same amount. This is very, very time -consuming. If I only want to change a filter from the filter list, this is only possible to assess the end result to a limited extent. In the example "iconic" the filters: -Schwarz Weis
    -Strengthen
    -Face
    -Skin
    -Development applied.
    If I now want to change the exposure in the development of the filter, the photo is set to the status of the first filter used (develop) and is now in color (since the black and white filter was last applied). Since the photo is now in color if I want to correct the exposure, it is difficult to impossible to assess the effect on the finished image (which is then black and white again).
    Every image editing program known to me has a global deck regulator for presets. Lightroom has also added a global top cover for presets with one of the last updates.
    Do not understand why proven functions are repeatedly deleted in Luminar.

Andrew Woo

I have been with luminar from the beginning.

The move to neo is the worst option.

It is from bad to worst.

Fred Woodman

I pretty much gave up on Neo, went back to AI, If I had my time back, Id never gotten Neo, unfortunately I pre ordered it so Im stuck with it. Not sure why, but I did order the extensions pack.Figuring at some point Skylum will put it back. But I'll never order another preset.Having to individually adjust sliders is a step backwards. Still scratching my head as to the logic. It's the #1 reason I give as to why I prefer AI over Neo when asked by friends. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.