Very slow previews in Luminar NEO

Answered

Comments

15 comments

Elena Blum

Hi Jørn,

I definitely understand your concern. Please contact our support team https://skylum.com/support and we will do our best to take a closer look at what’s going on right away.

Comment actions Permalink
    Michael Peck

Same issue here. Painfully slow. Presets take up to 20s to apply.

I'm running Neo 1.0.5 on a 2018 Mac mini (Intel, 32GB RAM) with my images on external USB 3 HDD.

Never used to be so slow in Luminar 4.

Peter Johnson

It often seems to be working on an image, and its not updating, yet the Neo logo isnt animating to show it is still processing.

Indeed this is quite an issue for me. The speed makes it almost impossible for me to use luminar to select/pick/reject foto's. It takes much too long and ofter reject image because they look blurry realising later on it was still rendering (because there is also no animating neo logo). Also when one image is redered, you proceed to the next and go back you have to wait again on the redering of a already previously rendered image. 

Tested with small and big libraries and in all cases its borderline useless for image selection.

Waldemar Gindulis

Dear Skylum team, 

it seems the question has been answered. However I cannot find the solution. In fact I have the same configuration and the same issue. The preview is horrible slow and in fact you need to zoom in and out again so the picture will be rendered. I have uninstalled Luminar NEO and deleted all settings from the Library however without success. The same issue after new clean install of 1.0.5 version. Please let me know what is the solution. Thank you,

Waldemar  

Ivan Azure

Hi All! In terms of the speed - don't hesitate to get in touch with our support team via support@skylum.com and we will investigate your case more thoroughly.

Dirk Taggesell

Have the same problem on my PC with a Ryzen9 and 32GB RAM. So should be fast enough for anything. Yet in catalog view ALL the previews are blurry and stay blurry even after giving the software considerable time. 
    When klicking on a photo to watch it, it still stays blurry so I don't know whether I shot it out of focus or it is just not yet displayed properly. Only if I zoom in will it be rendered properly, and even this takes two seconds. This photo then (and only this one) will remain sharp when I zoom back to the "light table view" (for want of a better description). But all the other photos will NEVER update to be as sharp as they really are.

And while this thread is marked as "answered" I fail to see any answer. 

Tania Taylor

Hi Dirk Taggesell!

Please note that although the performance issues seem similar, each case is specific, and we need to investigate it individually. So we will appreciate it if you contact us via skylum.com/support so that we could troubleshoot your case.

Gregory Van Deusen

Same here.  Renders are super slow on brand new Mac Mini M1. Following this thread closely.

Roel Arends

I also have a problem with very slow rendering of images. I use Luminar Neo with the latest update on Windows 10 with a gtx 1070 card. Also the eye symbol before and after is irresponsive.

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Roel Arends,
    Would you be so kind as to inform us of the following?

• How many images are there in your Catalog? Please send us a screenshot of your Catalog file structure as in the example: https://prnt.sc/5DMf7stNodR8 

Please make sure we can see the total number of photos added and all the folders.

• What’s your major concern in terms of performance? (e.g. RAW file rendering speed, export speed, etc.)
    • How much time does it take to export an image? / How much time does it take to apply an adjustment to an image?

Also, could you please let us know your hardware configuration?

N.B. The links are clickable and show the screenshots that can guide you, if necessary.

Here is the video tutorial on how to retrieve your system infohttps://www.loom.com/share/97aff7951ee3412daa020f1d88eb36e8     

Please reach out to our support team at https://skylum.com/support, with the responses to the above questions, attaching the file with your system info.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

P. S. Let me kindly note that this thread is for the users of macOS. Since you're a Windows user, you can ask questions, share your feedback, and report bugs in the following section dedicated to Luminar Neo software for Windows OS: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/4417736601874-Luminar-Neo-for-Windows 

Alfred Li

Brand new M1 Pro 14in.

• new install
    • 18 images in catalogue

Previews and sometimes edits can take up to 10-20 seconds. The fact that they took away the progress bar to hide how slow the application is, is just sad.

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Alfred Li,
    Could you please clarify the format and size of the files you're working with?
    Where are they located (on an internal or external drive)?

Elena Blum

Hi Andreas,

Does it work better if you have images on the internal drive?

Les Smith

I agree this problem has NOT been answered in this thread, the speed and lagging issues are chronic ! I have read through all of the above and have gone through all of the system info requests from Skylum support and ended with uninstalling and reinstalling, the issues have not been resolved, and the refresh during edits its unusable at times, I have tried cropping in Luminar Ai and saving to JPG reducing the file size down to 7gb and the issues still persist.

I have also since had my IT support provider take a look and they cannot see why Luminar uses so much memory and is so slow

When using Luminar Ai to edit it works pretty well even with 45Gb files and so it must be Neo that is the issue.

Please sign in to leave a comment.