Luminar Neo 1.0.5 Update: Presets improvements and more

Pinned

Comments

18 comments

Howard Lebowitz

Thanks for fixing the Preset funtionality. Hope all you guys are doing well and that peace is restored soon.

Comment actions Permalink
    Julian Armstrong

I do prefer to have the ability gradually to remove (via a slider 0-100%) some or all of the changes generated by a Preset. This has been removed and the user is forced to go through each "Tool" to discover which particular one has been used to produce the overall "Preset" effect.  I very often used just a small percentage of the total change from a Preset and this was an extremely useful (to me) way of working. Please put this back.

We think of Ukraine every day and hope so much you can overcome this evil

Steven Wandy

I just started trying out Neo and very impressed so far. 
    Our thoughts  and prayers for your safety. Can’t imagine working on computer programs under the circumstances you are living and working through. Good luck to you all. 

Muhammad Toqeer

Our contemplations and supplications for your wellbeing. Can't envision dealing with PC programs considering the present situation you are living and managing. Best of luck to all of you.

Helga Rowles

Hi! Thank you so much for supporting our team and our country ❤️ 
    It means a lot to us.

Julian Armstrong I totally agree, controlling the overall preset amount was quite useful. As far as I understand it, the feature was removed because it's not compatible with the changes that were implemented in version 1.0.5, but I hope that we will be able to bring this feature back later. I will be sure to pass your feedback on to our developers.

Mark Lawrence

What's happened to the slider bar for presets ? Use this daily as the preset can sometimes be too strong. Will have to go back to Luminar AI as this is part of my workflow, who's makes these decisions ?

Julian Armstrong

See the comment from Helga above.  It seems that they took out the slider because it was not “compatible” with their brand new way of doing the Presets.  I think the new version is much worse.  Like you I was using the slider almost daily.  It is such a shame and really retrograde to remove it.  The question you raise about who makes decisions like this is exactly on target!

Emili Pane de Pi

Habitualmente utilizaba un porcentaje del cambio total de un Preset. Es muy importante para mi. Me obliga a trabajar con Luminar AI que tengo 0-100%. En versión 1.04 habia esta posibilidad. en la 1.05 NO. Por favor, restauren el 0-100% . Gracias.

Ivan Azure

Hi All! We will remind the representatives of the responsible department about the relevance of the indicated demand. 

Shane Keller

What happened to the Slider for the Presets? After I apply one now, there is no slider so I can turn down the intensity of the preset. 

Elena Blum

Hi Shane,

Prior to the latest update, presets in Luminar Neo were black-boxed (='closed'). It was not possible to modify the tools included in them. 

Since the 1.0.5 update, the presets are white boxed (=open) and you can edit each tool that is part of it in the Edit tab. This is why the Intensity slider to adjust the overall intensity of a preset is no longer available.

I have also forwarded your concern to our devs team for their further consideration. This slider may be reintroduced in future releases. 

Shane Keller

Hi Elena Blum, thank you for your response. I had noticed the "white boxed" access to the individual tools under "edits." That is a nice addition. But for many edits, having the intensity slider is suitable enough and quicker where a lot of detailed editing is not necessary. I would be very happy to see that feature returned.

Have a wonderful day!

Julian Armstrong

There have been a number of comments fr on m the users to the same effect. A rep. of Skylum said that the new way of working with the presets was not compatible with the sliders. but many of us do't want the new "white box" we want our sliders. Are you listening, Skylum?

Howard Lebowitz

The Presets in 1.0.5 are a big improvement over the black box one's of prior releases. I would rather the Preset not be destructive and also be configable. If you create a duplicate layer of you image and apply the Preset to it and then adjust the opacity of the layer I think you get a similar effect to the previous master slider.

The 1.0.5 method is similar to Lightroom Presets.

Chapit Zulkefli

Hi. In this latest update, I found that the apps a bit lag and slow. Not sure why since I have plenty more of RAM left.
    My current machine as following -- 

macOS Monterey
    Version 12.3.1

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
    Processor 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
    Memory 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
    GPU AMD Radeon Pro 5500M

Ivan Azure

Hi Chapit,

Thank you for the necessary information provided.

As regards the speed - please contact our support team via support@skylum.com and we will recommend you the algorithms for the optimization.

George Taylor

There are constant changes to the presentation and operation of Luminar products, which is frustrating. I'm afraid the loss of the adjustment slider for presets is a deal breaker for me, it majorly disrupts my workflow. I will use Luminar AI for the time being while I look for a more reliable product.

Elena O'Brien

Hi George Taylor,

Indeed, right now, it is not possible to adjust the template effect with a single slider, you can only adjust the effects added in the Edits tab.

Nevertheless, I will make sure to pass this suggestion to our developers, we'd love to see the template slider make a comeback as well!

Hope for your understanding!

Please sign in to leave a comment.