Really variable startup times for Neo

Answered

Comments

4 comments

Tania Taylor

Hi Carl!

Could you please tell us how exactly you invoke Luminar Neo as a plugin?

We recommend doing so in the following way:

• Right-click on the image > Export >  Luminar Neo > You have an option to Open Source Files or, if you've made any changes in Lightroom that you'd like to transfer over to Luminar Neo, you can also choose Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments.

If you still experience any issues or lagging in invoking the Luminar Neo plugin, could you please reach out to our support team via skylum.com/support so that we could closer investigate your case?

Comment actions Permalink
    Carl Lum

I normally invoke Neo as a plugin by using Edit in > Luminar Neo from Lightroom. I just tried it using Export > Luminar Neo and it took 3 minutes and 25 seconds to open! 😖

As a test, I closed Neo and immediately reopened it standalone, and it took...another 3 minutes and 25 seconds exactly to reopen!

And this is on a Core i7 Windows machine with 32GB RAM and a 500GB SSD. I even added it to my "ignore" list in my antivirus just in case. 

I will log a support ticket. 

Katherine Nelson

Hi Carl Lum,

Indeed, we'd kindly ask you to contact our support team via https://skylum.com/support so we could investigate it further.

Stanford Thornton

Look in your appdat/Luminar NEO/textures/custom, if you have a few files in there try deleting them.

Please sign in to leave a comment.