Plug-In Mode Not Working for Lightroom (Mac)

Completed

Comments

5 comments

Ivan Azure

Hi Ken,

Follow these instructions:

• Download AppCleaner from here (click this text to open the link).
    • Install AppCleaner and start it.
    • Drag Luminar from your Applications folder into the AppCleaner window. When removing Luminar, mark all the files and folders on the list, except for RTW788AXG3.com.skylum.luminarNeo
    • Once you've uninstalled Luminar Neo, restart your Mac and download a fresh version of Luminar from the Skylum account.

Here is the video tutorial you might find helpfulhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/poak20bxywarzxz/Screen%20Recording%202021-12-28%20at%2012.56.57.mov?dl=0

Then, fulfil this procedure:

1. Make sure Lightroom is closed.
    2. Open Finder, click Go > Go to Folder and paste the following path: /Library/Application Support/Skylum Software/LuminarNeo/Plug-Ins/
      There will be a bunch of files in there, the ones you're interested in have the following extensions: .lrplugin and .lrtemplate - 
    3. Open a new Finder tab or window and click Go > Go to Folder one more time and navigate to the following path: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/
    4. Copy the .lrplugin into the folder that you opened in Step 3.
    5. Click Go > Go to Folder one more time and navigate to the following path: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/External Editor Presets/
    6. Copy the .lrtemplate file into the folder that you opened in Step 5.

If the issue persists, please contact our support team via support@skylum.com

Comment actions Permalink
    Russell Brunet

Thanks, this worked for me. I thought it hadn't, but I came back and it must have corrected things after the computer was restarted.

Kate Williams

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear the issue has been resolved. 

Russell Brunet

Kate Williams, it seems to be happening again. I went through all the steps and restarted the computer twice. Nothing will re-import back into lightroom after doing the Neo edits. It happened before the most recent update and persisted after I updated.

Elena O'Brien

Hi Russell Brunet,

Please contact our support team via support@skylum.com.

Please sign in to leave a comment.