neo : please mimic lightroom classic

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Londinense

Using new software always involves a learning curve. Neo is not a LR clone; if it were there would probably be copyright infringement issues. 

I think it's pretty easy to use, but I only use it as a plugin (with On1 PR 2022, which is not yet fully compatible but should be with this month's update). It does not yet have all the functions to use a standalone photo editor like the others you mention. Hopefully that functionality will come as more updates are rolled out.

It's pretty amazing that such updates are coming, considering the company is based in Ukraine. One can only wish them well in their struggle against Mad Vlad and thank them for continuing to post here and work on the software in such tough times.

Comment actions Permalink
    marc labro

yes, it is easy to use and I love skylum products but workflow is a nightmare as standalone.

the raw developer is tedious;

I am using ON1 PR2022 and it is amazing from raw to resize AI as standalone.

yes, luminar are good plugins for artistic effects.

today LRC with new masking feature allows to make more than 90% workflow; adding some good presets makes it amazing. few percents photoshop or luminar artistic effects.

I try to constructively push Skylum to finalize a good develop panel but without success. there is no copyright putting WB and 8 sliders below it with profiles and ALT key for clipping. all softs do the same.

Margaret Bright

Marc, thank you very much for your detailed feedback! I have forwarded it to our team to consider further improvements for Luminar Neo.

marc labro

Thank you Margaret,

But we are asking a good raw develop for years to Skylum team without success. You have now transferred lot of filters inside develop panel which makes it more difficult than in the past where it was close from Lightroom classic.

Same remark for local masking. I don't imagine replacing new gorgeous LRC masking features with your layers which is as tedious as photoshop layers now. You were so close from perfection with LAI local tools !!!

best regards

Marc

Todd McKernan

Margaret Bright

I would like to second Marc's sentiments here. I have AI and Neo and I was really hoping for workflow improvements with Neo, but so far it might actually be even worse than AI. I really truly thought a few years ago that Skylum would be my ultimate LR replacement software. But if anything I've become even more reliant on LR lately because of the deficiencies of Luminar. And it really is the BASICS that you guys just aren't getting right. I realize that devoting the resources to getting these things right is expensive and isn't a flashy marketable feature, but for the love of god, stop letting your marketing department dictate your development schedule. 

Stop just saying you'll forward our suggestions. I've looked through this forum, and almost NONE of the top suggestions over the past 4 years have been implemented. We've been begging you for better exports, workflows, file support, etc for so long. And for a company that prides itself on AI, its astonishing you still haven't made a basic toning AI yet. Everyone else has. No more sky replacements, spend the money on making your software usable.

marc labro

About filmstrip on bottom with presets preview and preset huge scrolling panel on bottom and edits on right, look Aurora, same look than old Luminar 3. very efficient interface !!!

Please sign in to leave a comment.