Comments

4 comments

Alina Skylum

Hi David Finton,

I'd recommend you create a new Catalog: Luminar Neo>File>Catalog>New and start with a new Catalog from scratch.

Comment actions Permalink
    David Finton

Thank you!  I’m slowly starting to understand how the catalog function is organized. Your suggestion really helped!

Vivian Nieuwsma

I have the same issue of wanting to start over with Neo catalogs. Do I delete the several catalogs that are in my internal hard drive and external drives. If so, include the backup file, cache documents file, etc.? I have lost my edits already and can live with that, but I don't want to lose all the photos from my source file.

The Skylum help desk told me how to uninstall Neo and then reinstall it, which I did. The old catalogs are now blacked out but it looks like my 23,000+ photos are still there because somehow my entire Pictures folder was included. My whole purpose in doing this is to get rid of them so they won't be taking up space on my internal hard drive. 

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Vivian Nieuwsma,
    If you don't plan to go back to your old Catalogs, you can delete the Catalog folders and work only with the recent one you created. However, let me kindly note that by deleting the Catalog, you are deleting all the edits. So, if you have some adjusted images, I'd advise exporting them first and only then deleting the unnecessary Catalogs.

Please sign in to leave a comment.