Apple Photo Luminar Neo plugin slower than Desktop Version ?

Comments

10 comments

Sebastien Jobin

Hi, I have a MacBook Pro 2019,  2.4Ghz 8-Core Intel Core i9 and 32G of RAM.

I have not noticed any difference using apple pro raw either.  I have a lot of RAW from my Nikon that I want to edit.  And before doing so I wanted to know if someone noticed any difference in performance.

I'm still not decided on which workflow to used for my RAW: in Apple Photo or from my HDD drive or iCloud Drive.  

Thanks

Comment actions Permalink
    Randall Jones

Pram Reset has not improved Luminar AI performance, even 1 second, on my computer.

When I see Luminar AI performance, I would not spend any money for Skylum product.

With the release of Luminar Neo, I wonder if Skylum will let Luminar AI in the current condition: poor performance, high resources consumption, unreliable?

It seems incredible, the years go by, but Skylum still can't decide.

answers:
    - I've added your vote to the corresponding request, and our engineers will consider it for future Luminar updates.

- There is no ETA for Apple pro RAW support for now, however, it's in our plans already.

- We are going to implement the support for the Apple ProRAW format but there is no ETA on it.

- etc. etc.

Each version of Luminar, always the same story.
    I have been with Luminar since 2016 and I have purchased all the versions up to today's Neo, but honestly I am getting tired of the continuous not listening to the requests of those who bring them money to this company.

Are you a manager of Skylum?

I forgot, I buy it because they continually say they will implement the Apple ProRaw format, and still I naively, like others listen to their promises and buy the new versions. That's all

From Photo, to Luminar via plugin, like you do... (This works great) 😢 , you can see the result from the two photos above.

If you want to live with it, go ahead, since I have always paid many months in advance to help and support the company to develop the version of the application, I cannot live with it, that is, it pisses me off the fact that if I open the file with Pixelmator you can see perfectly, if I open it with a fantastic program that uses artificial intelligence and that should reinvent photography, it looks crap

Kasdr Fase

We are continuously working on expanding the supported cameras and files list. Due to the situations in Ukraine, presently, there is no information concerning help the exact dates for enjoyable the indicated tendency.

Ema Walker

I also wanted to test in if Canon R3 uncooked could be supported whenever quickly. Converting to DNG or other formats upload unnecessary steps to create a video for Bape clothing. I am hoping it might be a quick resolution as this layout is already supported by using other carriers.

Please sign in to leave a comment.