New to this group...and I would like to ask a question too...

Answered

Comments

5 comments

Londinense

Yes it can be used as a standalone app or as a plugin.

As a replacement it does not yet have all the functions that one would need as a substitute for LR or PS. Sadly, due to the invasion of Ukraine, where Luminar is based, the promised additions maybe slower in coming.

However, I suggest you try using it on its own for a while, to see if it meets your needs. If not, you might need to look elsewhere for photo editing software and just use it as a plugin.

Comment actions Permalink
    Izzie Kientz

Thank you very much for the quick response. Yes, I will just use it as a stand alone. My friends from Australia all have Skylum products. I started with Neo because I got it from my email a few days ago. I was the one who introduced my friends to get Skylum products but I did not get it at the time because I was busy and forgot all about it. Email works. 

My best to all of you. Take care and be safe out there. If you can't be safe, at lease be dangerous. 

Love, Izzie 

Francis Monzée

Hello Izzie,

What Skylum products do your friends use?
    Have you ever used any of them?
    The Neo version is not yet fully developed for the reasons Londinense mentions, so I might advise you to start with the AI version.

Take good care of yourselves as well and spare a thought for the Skylum team that continues to work despite the conditions they are experiencing.

Best regards.

Izzie Kientz

Hi Francis,

My friends in Seymour have Luminar also as a stand alone. 'Never bothered with Photoshop or Lightroom. My stepson uses Lightroom and have Aurora. My friends in Melbourne including my daughter-in-law also have Luminar too. Word of mouth, her and her church friends uses Luminar. some of them dumped Photoshop so i was told. I was just talking to her and my son last night so I know.

Keep up the good work. I will get into Luminar Neo soon as possible. I am trying to build a blog for my crafts, sewing and cooking so this software will help a lot. I will try it for now and in a week or to I would like to upgrade to a better one. I am used to using Photoshop since its 4th inception so this will be child's play for me for a week or two.

So sorry about the wrong spelling on my 'least' word in my reply to  Londinense's post. It was thee first word that stared at me when I got in this morning. <g> 

Hmmm...I thought Luminar is based in Orlando, Florida and founded by Austin Russell...

Cheers mates! Take care.

Izzie

Helga Rowles

Hi Izzie,

The company you're referring to is Luminar Technologies, they develop vision-based lidar and machine perception technologies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminar_Technologies 

Luminar Neo, Luminar AI, Luminar 4 etc. are developed by a different company, Skylum. Skylum was founded as Macphun in 2008 by two game developers and amateur photographers in Kyiv, Ukraine.

Hope you will love Luminar Neo. Good luck with your blog!

Please sign in to leave a comment.