Not what I want to do ?

Answered

Comments

8 comments

Michael Sonshine

I think you are going to have to give us more information. Are the photos jpgs? Tiffs? Raws? If raw, what raw? What are you doing when the app crashes? Is it repeatable exactly (that is, will the same steps always cause a crash)? If so, what are those steps? What crash message?

And more. Without more information it is all guesswork.

Comment actions Permalink
    Agatha Winter
    Hi Emilie - Michael is right. We need some more information in order to determine the issue.
    In the meantime, you can try the following:
    1. Hold down the Option key on your keyboard and start Luminar. Keep holding Option until you see a window with a list of available backups appear.
    2. Select a backup that was created before you encountered the issue with the library and click Restore from Backup.
    Here is the video tutorial that may also be helpfulhttps://www.loom.com/share/2fad8457bbb34faa948ea766a002aad8
    Let me know if this helped. 
    Alina Skylum

Emilie Johansen,

We kindly warn you not to post irrelevant links under your text, it's forbidden by the Community Rules. I've removed the links.

Claudia Berman

I just purchased Neo. I tried the erase tool in a small area. When switching to the catalog to save the change, Neo crashes. I saw the restore from backup suggestion above, as I literally just got this software, I picked the first backup. It still keeps crashing. It's the second feature I tried after cropping.

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Claudia Berman!

I'm sorry to hear you encountered this issue!

Please proceed with the following steps:

1. Make sure Luminar is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar Neo Catalog folder. The default location is %username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar Neo Catalog folder. Choose any name you like.
    4. Open Luminar Neo Catalog folder, locate Luminar Neo Catalog file with .luminarneo extension and make sure to rename it as well. 
    5. Launch Luminar Neo and choose to create a new catalog.

Please let us know the outcome.

Claudia Berman

Anastasiia Moore, Thx for your response. I just tried it. Unfortunately that didn't work. Still crashing.

Kate Williams

Hi Claudia,

This is a known issue that will be addressed in the upcoming update, which will drop shortly. 

When switching to the catalog to save the change..

Please kindly note that there's no need to switch to the Catalog tab to save the change. The changes are saved automatically. Besides, you can access the Export menu 

Claudia Berman

Thank you Kate Williams. I just installed the latest update that I got this AM. It fixed the crash

Please sign in to leave a comment.