Luminar Neo not exporting edits back into Lightroom Classic

Answered

Comments

17 comments

Alina Skylum

Hi Julian,

In Luminar Neo it works through the Export option. Does it work for you this way?

Comment actions Permalink
    Lindsay Parsons

I'm having the exact same issue. I edit the image and then hit the apply button at the top (no export option even in the menu). It shows the export box, after that Neo closes but the image in Lightroom does not change. I have tested this several times with no change.

I have used Luminar 4 for years and haven't had any issues with this process.

Thanks for any help!

Igor Ferreira

I have the same issue. In lightroom, make a new folder and move the photos you want to edit. Works for me but I don't know why this happens. This morning I edit one file and everything runs just fine. A few moments ago, i try to edit another file from that same folder and edits don't apply.

Agatha Winter

Hi guys! Did you both invoke Luminar from Lightroom via the Export option?

Please note that the recommended way to access Luminar Neo from Adobe Lightroom is as follows:

• Right-click on the image > Export > Export to Luminar Neo> You have an option to Open Source Files or, if you've made any changes in Lightroom that you'd like to transfer over to Luminar Neo, you can also choose Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments.

After applying adjustments in Luminar Neo your photo should appear in Lightroom's Catalog All Photographs. 

Igor Ferreira

So, I invoke Lumunar via Lightroom and this is my workflow to edit on a external program or plug in :

• Right-click on the image > edit in > the program I what in this case Luminar NEO > Edit a copy with Lightroom Adjustments (Edit a Copy or Edit Original, it doesn't matter > click edit

I do this every time, but this time with luminar, I have a folder where this method does not work, I usually make a new folder and move my files to that new folder and everything runs fine with my method.

After I read Agatha's post, I try to do what she said:

• Right-click on the image > Export > Export to Luminar Neo> You have an option to Open Source Files or, if you've made any changes in Lightroom that you'd like to transfer over to Luminar Neo, you can also choose Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments.

And everything goes fine. no problem on my edits

So, but in may opinion doesn't make any sense. Feels more natural Right-click on the image > edit in instead  Right-click on the image > Export

I was using Luminar Neo and AI as plug ins for lightroom, edits wont transfer back to lightroom when I apply and click edits. Is there a way to fix it?

Rae Leggett

Figured out how to export into Neo from lightroom, and have the edits show up in Lightroom when you're done.

1.  Right click on the image you want to export into Neo

2.  Click Export -> Export.   This brings up the "Export One File" dialog box.

3.  "Luminar Neo" should be in the menu on the left hand side. Select "Edit a copy with Lightroom Adjustments".

4.  I chose a Tiff export with AdobeRGB, I don't know if other selections will change the result.  Click on Export.

5.  The file will open in Luminar Neo.  Make your edits.  When done, click Apply, and your file will reappear in lightroom with your edits.

Jeroen van der Wardt

I had no issues with this until today, I always right click and edit > edit in Luminar Neo and the edit will save to Lightroom. But now it doesn't work. Exporting adds too much time and storage and is a worse workflow.

Russell Brunet

Having this problem. I just downloaded it and it won't work no matter what I try. If I use the "edit in" option, it will send the file back, to lightroom without any edits. If I use the export option, it acts like it's making changes, but then goes back to lightroom and there isn't another file, nor are any edits visible.

Elena O'Brien

Hi Russell Brunet,

Please try the following:

1. Make sure Lightroom is not runningIf the app was running, reboot your PC before proceeding. 
    2. Right-click the Luminar Neo icon > Run As Administrator.
    3. Click Luminar Neo> File > Install Plugins.
    4. Click Uninstall next to Lightroom.
    5. Reboot your PC.
    6. Right-click the Luminar Neo icon > Run As Administrator.
    7. Click Luminar Neo > File > Install Plugins.
    8. Click Install next to Lightroom.

In case there's a message You have to install this software first, click Browse, and navigate to where the .exe file of your host application is. After you show Luminar where the host app is, you will be able to install the plugin for the host.

Let us know how it goes.

Russell Brunet

Elena O'Brien,

Thanks for the tips. I realize now that I did a web search that brought me to this thread, but I'm using a mac. I'll see if I can find a similar topic on the mac forum.

Thanks!

Tania Taylor

Hi!

The instructions for macOS are the same:

1. Make sure Photoshop/Lightroom is not runningIf the app was running, reboot your Mac before proceeding. 
    2. In the top-bar menu click Luminar Neo > Install Plugins.
    3. Click Uninstall next to Photoshop/Lightroom
    4. Reboot your Mac and launch Luminar Neo.
    5. Click Luminar Neo> Install Plugins.
    6. Click Install next to Photoshop/Lightroom.

You may be prompted to enter your Mac user password at some point, please do so.

If you experience any issues after that, please get back to us at skylum.com/support

this is the most frustrating bug in the history of all my computer using life...

Nyall London

I have spent hours on two photos only to discover that the adjustments were not returned to Lightroom CC.  From what I am reading in this post, the "Edit In Liminar Neo" doesn't work like all the other plugins.  I understand that I must use Export to make this happen.  The "Edit in" option works fine for Luminar 4 and Photoshop.  Using Export as an option seems to be a bass ackwards way of doing it.  I hope Luminar plans to fix that.  I am using Windows 11 with the latest version of Lightroom CC.

Tania Taylor

Hi Nyall London!

Yes, at the moment, we recommend using the Export option. I will pass your concern on to the team.

I have the same issue. It's bad that after 8 months the bug has not been fixed.

Please sign in to leave a comment.