Compatibility for Apple RAW files

Answered

Comments

10 comments

Alina Skylum

Hi Robyn, 

I'm sorry to inform you that Apple ProRAW photos are currently not supported by Luminar, however, we will definitely add this format in the upcoming updates. Please, stay tuned and thank you for your support!

Comment actions Permalink
    Julian Armstrong

Even recognising the anguish and difficulties occasioned by the appalling war on Ukraine, this really is an important feature for Apple iPhone users.  I have both an iPhone 13 and a Nikon and Neo works on RAW files from the latter but not the former. The same is true for both prior Skylum editors. I do hope this can be pushed up the priority list when circumstances permit

Londinense

Julian:

This might be a work-round. Use the third party app called Halide to take DNGs. I have an older iPhone that doesn't take the Apple Raw format, only HEIC. However, the DNGs taken using Halide ARE recognised by Neo.

Maybe there is a way to convert Apple Raw to DNG. Worth checking.

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Julian Armstrong,

I understand how important to you to work with the RAW files produced by your iPhone. Our developers are doing their best to implement the support of such files as soon as possible. Due to the circumstances, I'm afraid I cannot provide you with the ETA when it is available.

For now, we recommend you install Adobe DNG Converter and convert your RAW files to DNG file format (which is supported by Luminar). 

Please use one of the links below to download Adobe DNG Converter:

For Mac OS:
    https://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_mac/ 

For Windows:
    https://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_win/ 

Julian Armstrong

I am afraid the Adobe route is very clunky.  I have all my images in Apple Photos.  I edit using the extension and that works seamlessly for every other format.  I look forward to there being an opportunity for you to fix this.  

The suggestion to use Halide is interesting: I have tried with iPhone 13 and ProRaw has the same result as with the Apple format.  HEIF works as it should. I will carry on experimenting..I do like Halide!

Arne Kaupang

Just downloaded your latest Luminar Neo update and disappointed to see there is still no support for the Apple RAW camera profile... Any timeframe to when this will be added? No point in using the sync function from my iPhone until this is fixed. And having to use external converters is just tedious. Love your software but this should be fixed asap. Thank you :-)

Katherine Nelson

Hi Arne Kaupang,

Please kindly note that we expect to resolve the issue with Apple ProRAW files in one of the following updates but I'm afraid we do not have any ETA as of yet. 

Same here, just purchased Luminar Neo and now when I open Iphone 12 pro RAW file for editing NEO changes photo something terrible automatically. Such a disappointment. At least I hope that I have a change to get my money back in next 29 days...I do not thing that within next 1 month the issue will be resolved.

Jeff Wentworth

Oh my, I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why my iPhone pics look so awful and underexposed once imported into Neo.  Please please please make this fix a priority!  And stay safe, I have been amazed at the updates you have been getting out with everything going on!!!

Jeff Wentworth

For those following along... unfortunately the recent update (1.1.0) did not contain the fix we are looking for to work with Apple ProRAW photos.  Let's hope it makes the next update, hundreds of photos and growing waiting to be edited!

Please sign in to leave a comment.