lost highlight and shadows detail.... like 8bit JPG edit

Answered

Comments

5 comments

Hilltops

Go to 'Edits' and make your changes in the first 'Develop' step.

Comment actions Permalink

First, thank you to spend the time watching my video,

i alredy made a test in LIGHTROOM clasic (no RAW develop mode)

I increased exposure +4

create mask for whole picture end increase exposure again +4 

I have now now blowout highlights

create mask for whole picture end decrease exposure -4 

create mask for whole picture end decrease exposure -4 

And I see a original picture without lousing highlight.  So for me it is possible to work without loosing not visible data. 

In NEO it is not possible In RAW develop to use mask, radial mask, linear mask,  you have only one step to edit a RAW file. I can not even use a RAW file as a mask in left layer menu.

I will try to find a way to edit better with NEO. again thank you for your time! Sebastian. 

Alina Skylum

Hi! Please kindly note that we are planning to add more functionality when using Masking (Copy/Paste, Pen Pressure for Radius/Opacity, and Linear/Radial gradient) in future updates.

My edit process are steps, so if in first step I decided to reduce some sky highlights and in the next step I will use some linear mask and increase some shadows from left to right some common parts of the picture are edited in opposite and I have  no guarantee which parts data are missing because NEO is not giving a massage about lost information. are you sure when information are lost?  exp -2 or -3....maybe -1 I am not sure. 

please be Informed  I want to have best possible NEO version for me and this post is also for Skylum team to check. Maybe  I am wrong.....I will manage it.

BR.Sebastian.  

Ivan Azure

Hi Sebastian,
    We will pass your comments to the responsible department for consideration.

Please sign in to leave a comment.