im having problems with luminar neo

Answered

Comments

13 comments

Carl Peterson

David,

Please give this a try.  Start Neo and create a new catalog in a folder other than you Pictures folder that you know you have write permissions for (i.e., a folder you can create new files in).  Import a picture or two into that catalog and then see if your edits work.

Post back with your results.

Carl

note: I'm not an employee of Skylum Software

Comment actions Permalink
    Katherine Nelson

Hi David! Could you specify if you have Iris Xe graphics card by any chance?

David Pearlman

Yes I do

David Pearlman

Hi carl,

I still cant get it to work

Alina Skylum

Hi David,

It seems that what you're facing is a known global issue described here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058136/graphics/graphics-for-11th-generation-intel-processors.html

Intel has released a driver for the Iris XE graphics card integrated into your processor that should fix it. 

Therefore, fully reinstalling drivers for the Intel GPU should help. 

Make sure to fully uninstall your current graphics drivers before proceeding. How to uninstall drivers (click this text to open the link)
    In addition to uninstalling the device, make sure to select the Delete the driver software for this device option.

Download and install drivers from the manufacturer's website:

Carl Peterson

David,

Please post back if the Intel XE GPU driver update solves the problem!

Carl

note: I'm not an employee of Skylum Software

Alina Skylum

In case updating the driver didn't help, we recommend disabling hardware acceleration.

1.Type CMD in the search field on your Taskbar, right-click on the Command Prompt line and choose Run as administrator. See the screenshot:

2.In the Window that opens, copy and paste the line below: 

reg add HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics /v DisableHWAcceleration /t REG_DWORD /d 1

3. Press Enter on your keyboard. See the screenshot: 

Launch Luminar and check how it works for you.

David Pearlman

Hi I downloaded the updated driver and it didn’t work

David Pearlman

I have disable the hardware acceleration, It is finally working! Thanks everyone for the help.

Janette Young

problem with Luminar Neo, it is ok with horizontal landscape images, but a vertical portrait format picture always gets applied as a mishmash of colour patterns.Using plugin, photoshop. Any ideas? Luminar are completely uncontactable, contact forms are not working.

Kate Williams

Hi Janette, 

The contact form works fine on my end. Could you please clarify what exactly happens when you try to submit the request? 

You can also email us directly at support@skylum.com.  

I suggest choosing these settings in Photoshop and seeing if the issue with non-matching colors is resolved: https://prnt.sc/XaBWMvCxrMr6 

Moreover, please make sure that you are using RGB color space: https://prnt.sc/D7wZDJ8OwSM3 

If the issue persists, please provide us with the original file at support@skylum.com:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request at support@skylum.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Carl Peterson

Janette,

Looks like Skylum support is on the case.  Do upload the image to them via wetransfer so that they can try to reproduce the image.  Do feel free to contact me directly if it doesn't get sorted, although I'm very sure Skylum will do so!

Carl

Carl Peterson

'reproduce the image' --> 'reproduce the issue'

Please sign in to leave a comment.