Luminar NEO Background Removal

Answered

Comments

15 comments

• Official comment
    Helena Carter

Hi Dan Baney

Please, kindly note. that due to the war in Ukraine we have to postpone all the updates until we are safe from the aggressor.

You can check these credible sources regarding the current situation here: https://ukraineworld.org/articles/ukraine-explained/what-read

Here is how you can help: https://how-you-can-support-ukraine.super.site/

Here is the list of the functionality that will be added to Luminar Neo with one of the next updates, when we're all safe and the war is over.

Masking

• Copy/Paste;
    • Pen Pressure for Radius/Opacity;
    • Linear/Radial gradient;

Histogram

• Histogram

Tools

• Dodge & Burn;
    • Clone & Stamp;

Mac App Store & Windows Store
    Undo|Redo
    Hotkeys usage is limited
    Sync Adjustments

• Copy, Paste Adjustments won’t work

Plugins

• Smart Objects

Presets

• Favorites (windows only)
    • Save User Presets

Lens Corrections (were in Composition AI)

• Auto Verticals Straighten  and Image 3d Transform
    • Mood - LUTs' - are not applied on hover;
    Comment actions Permalink
    Dan Baney

I'm a bit lost. Understand about the war situation (spent 23 years in the military). Since I'm confused by your above reply, may I ask you simply reply to the following questions with a yes or no.

Currently, does NEO have the ability to automatically remove and replace a background?

If it is yes, would you explain how?

No need to explain about the war situation. I'm just looking for a straight forward answer to my qestions.

Thanks

Alina Skylum

Hi Dan Baney,

Portrait Background Removal is one of the features that will be added in future updates.

I just purchased the product. Spent hours trying to find the feature / docs. The product was putout without advising customers. BackGround replacement was the very reason why I made the move. Guess it's back to photoshops.  Heavy advertisement for a feature that does not exist. 

Kate Williams

Hi Member,

This feature will be released in update 1.1.0, which will be released soon. I would also like to let you know that the money-back guarantee for Luminar Neo will officially start once this version is available. You'll have a chance to try all the software's tools, and if they don't meet your expectations, request the amount back then. 

Chris Jackson

Luminar neo latest update allows masking on layers which allows a workaround on background changing. I came across this video on YouTube https://youtu.be/aFfSYEiUX5o
    Hope this helps you out until neo has the advertised portrait background one click feature added.

Ask Me

Can we get an estimate date when Update 1.1.0 will be released? I bought Neo for the background replacement, so I'm anxious to know when this feature will be available.

Thanks

Margaret Bright

Regrettably, due to a difficult situation in Ukraine, we are currently not able to provide a precise ETA for the update 1.1.0, but our team is constantly working on the features that will be added with in, including Portrait Background Removal AI. Please stay tuned :) 

Dan Baney

Thanks for the update. I see that you run the ad constantly for one click background replacement, yet that feature is not yet available.  It is more like a promise which could go on forever without knowing when the feature will be available. It is obvious you realize that this feature, even though not available, would be a selling point for your product, otherwise you would not use it in your ads.  I'd rather see you be more honest in your ad stating this feature is not available yet instead of running an ad that makes it seems it currently is a feature of NEO. Sorry, it just seems a bit misleading and dishonest.

Ivan Azure

Hi Dan,

Our representatives will pass your comments to the responsible department for consideration

Marjorie Dumanoir

Now close from 6 month I we buy Neo , and trust Luminar s promise for update, but still no Background Removal update...and no information...It s really not  an honest way...

I agree. I bought Neo because of the automatic background removal, and I find no other reason to use it. Without it, it's not worth my time to use it instead of Photoshop. The War in Ukraine is a travesty, but Neo should never have been released without this feature, or the advertising for this feature should stop. 

Howard Lebowitz

The tool they just release is pretty good, but needs improvement.

I get better results in Pixelmator Pro.

Mark Craine-White

Only wanted the background tools and was sold Snake Oil instead. Blatant false advertising regardless of your situation. Disappointed to say the least.

Ivan Azure

Hi All,

Please note that the Portrait Background Removal is already present in the application.

In the Tools panel, select Layer Properties > Masking > Portrait Background:

One can setup the new element through the layers function. It is possible to become acquainted with the algorithm within the video starting from the 7th minute: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08E7rYL_XQA

If you are interested in the possibility of cropping the background among different objects in automatic mode, there are no intentions to add a similar feature shortly. However, our technical department also considers the potential development of the indicated vector.

Observe the ways to impact the foreground and background of the photo through "Masking AI": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OpJ03mJWxk

Please sign in to leave a comment.