Comments

4 comments

Carl Peterson

Barry,

The catalog file inside of the Luminar Neo Catalog folder is likely corrupted.  Try either creating a new catalog, or at least renaming the Luminar Neo Catalog folder to let's say "Luminar Neo Catalog Old", and then run Neo.

The default location of the Luminar Neo Catalog folder is in your Pictures folder.

There are backup versions of your Luminar Neo Catalog database file.  The database file is located in your Luminar Neo Catalog folder and is named Luminar Neo Catalog.luminarneo (the .luminarneo may not show up depending on your File Explorer setting.  In the Luminar Neo Catalog folder is a sub-folder named Backups.  Inside of that are several files with numeric names.  These are backups of your Luminar Neo Catalog file.

Rename your existing database file to something like Luminar Neo Catalog Old.luminarneo.  View the contents of the Backup subfolder with view set to details.  Pick the most resent one can copy it up to the Luminar Neo Catalog folder.  Rename it as Luminar Neo Catalog.luminarneo.  Try running Luminar Neo again and see if that sorts it out.  This is a bit of work, so do this only if you want / need to recover your Neo catalog and don't want to create a new one.

If the problem persists, post back here and give me some details on what you tried.

Thanks,

Carl

Please note that I am not a Skylum Software employee

Comment actions Permalink
    Tania Taylor

Hi Barry Buehler!

Let's try the following to get Luminar up and running:

1. Make sure Luminar is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar Neo Catalog folder. The default location is C:\Users\%username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar Neo Catalog folder. Choose any name you like. Don't remove this folder.
    4. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    5. Type %appdata%\Luminar Neo in the dialog box that opens and press Enter on your keyboard.
    6. Next, remove all the contents in the Luminar Neo folder you opened in Step 5. Please note that this will remove your user templates, skies, etc. so back up the folder into a safe location before removing it if necessary. You can put these items back later.
    7. Launch Luminar Neo. Activate the software by logging in to your Skylum account. Next, on the Welcome to Luminar Neo screen, click on the + button and add a small folder with images or a single image for editing. Leave the Catalog at the default location (in the Pictures folder).

Let us know how it works for you.

Carl Peterson, thank you for your assistance <3

Barry Buehler

I simply found the catalog and renamed it as old.  I don't use it anyway.  This fixed all.

Thannks for the info.

Joachim Krueger

I just ran into the same problem ("Database Opening Failed.").  Barry's solution (renaming the existing catalogue) solved the problem.  Many thanks!

Please sign in to leave a comment.