Why?

Answered

Comments

7 comments

Roy Blackwell

User to User: Skylum's home base is Kyiv, Ukraine. They are under attack by the Russians. It could be a while before you hear from them.

Comment actions Permalink
    Carl Peterson

Michael,

Also user to user, I believe that for a number of reasons the development of Neo took far longer than was originally expected.  When it wasn't released in early December there was a growing rumble (roar) from the users that pre-purchased it.  In turn Skylum felt more and more pressure to release the product when it reached stability, even though it wasn't feature complete.  In effect, they were damned if they released it and damned if they didn't.

Obviously, Neo isn't feature complete, but if I hadn't owned and used Luminar 4 and Luminar AI, I would have judged it to be a pretty good photo editor that could use some improvements and would have felt that for $40 (early bird price) it was darned good.  It does things at a push of button that other far more expensive editors can do only with an extensive number of steps.

So deep breath... It's not a bad product, but it is an incomplete one.  Skylum is committed to filling it out.  As mentioned by Roy, the situation in Kiev does mean that the next release will be delayed.  Skylum is very supportive of its employees and is doing everything it can to help them to remain safe, but work is undoubted interrupted.

Margaret Bright

Michael, 

The Portrait Background Removal AI feature is scheduled to be released in the update ver 1.1.0. For now, due to an unstable situation in Ukraine, we are not able to provide you with an ETA for when this update is going to be available. Hope for your understanding.

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Member,

First of all, thank you for supporting Ukraine in these dark times.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us here. I'm sorry to hear that Luminar Neo didn't meet your expectations. I would like to reassure you that our developers are doing their best to deliver all Luminar Neo's functionalities as soon as possible so our users could enjoy the software.

Martial Fournier

Londres : vous croyez qu'on vous attendu pour le faire 😡

Londinense

I have deleted my post. Sorry it gave offence.

Michael McKinney

I didn’t realize that Skylum was based in Ukraine when making this post. My apologies.

Please sign in to leave a comment.