Comments

9 comments

Alina Skylum

Hi Jean-Pierre,

Yes, we do have Black&White tool in Luminar Neo in Edit tab > Essentials section. Here is the screenshot to help you navigate:

Comment actions Permalink
    jean-pierre de villartay

Yes but it looks very very basic. Nothing to do with the multiple options of Tonality

Alina Skylum

Jean-Pierre,

Which functions do you think we should bring back from Tonality? Would really appreciate your comments :)

jean-pierre de villartay

First, I though that Tonality had been ported to Luminar, maybe Luminar 4 but not Neo?

The whole Tonality package should be implemented in Neo. 

Jørgen Lock-Andersen

The B&W function in Luminar Neo is absolutely inferior to that of Tonality in spite of Tonality is a 10 year old programme. So keep your Tonality software as long as possible. 

I would suggest, that it is made possible in Neo to use Tonality as a plug-in until Neo's B&W function is brought up to date. 

jean-pierre de villartay

;-)

Howard Lebowitz

The issue of Tonality being incorporated into Luminar dates to 2018 when the early version of Luminar 2018 was released. They did not do it then and never have.

Creative Kit Pro is Mac only AFAIK. 

The last version of Tonality dates back to 2016. Does it even run on an M1 Mac?

At this point, you are MUCH better off using Silver Efex Pro from DxO.

jean-pierre de villartay

Yes it does on my brand new MacBook pro 13" ;-)

Howard Lebowitz

Jean, thanks for that. Still think Silver Efex Pro, which is actively being updated by DxO is a better choice in 2022.

Please sign in to leave a comment.