Won't Start

Answered

Comments

15 comments

Mark Christy

I have the exact same problem.  I was working when I tried to bring in a texture layer and it shut down with the error report.  Now, it only gives me an error report every time I try to open it.  I am waiting 4 days for a follow-up.  All suggestions have not worked.

Comment actions Permalink
    Alina Skylum

Hi John and Mark,

I apologize for the frustrating experience with Luminar Neo. Due to the overwhelming amount of support requests we are currently receiving it takes longer to keep up with everyone. 

Will definitely send a response to your e-mails. Meanwhile, we would kindly ask you to try the following steps:

1. Make sure Luminar Neo is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar Neo Catalog folder. The default location is %username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar Neo Catalog folder as well as the Luminar Neo Catalog.luminarneo file inside this folder. Choose any name you like.
    4. Open Finder.
    5. Navigate to Applications > Utilities.
    6. Launch Terminal.
    7. Paste the following string into the Terminal window: defaults delete com.skylum.luminarneo
    8. Press Enter on your keyboard.
    9. Close Terminal.
    10. Launch Luminar Neo. Go through the initial setup. Leave the location of the catalog at the default (in the Pictures folder). 

Note that you will start with a new catalog. To reopen your original catalog simply press File > Catalog > Open.

Hope this helps.

jean-pierre de villartay

same problem. Neo started once and never again. did what Alina proposed. Does not work. I guess I'm not ready to by this app ;-(

Alina Skylum

Jean-Pierre,

I'm very sorry to hear that problem persists. May I kindly ask you to reach us via https://skylum.com/support so we can investigate further? Thank you for your cooperation.

Mark Christy

I followed all the recommendations as well and Neo will not launch.  I have sent this information to the support group and still have no resolution to this failure.  I followed every step with no results.  I have waited several days for an answer and I do understand you may be overwhelmed but I still need this program to work and need help getting it back on line.

Christian Wiedemann

So I am not the only one. I tried the problemsolving here, unfortunatelly it does not work even a complet delation and new installation does not help either.

Mark Christy

I was able to go back to when I first downloaded the early version off my backup (time machine) and install it.  It will run, however, when I open it a pop-up says a new version is available. If you upgrade, I begin to get the same error report and the program will not open.  The backed-up version I got to work in 0.9.2.  all other versions crash.  I am not an expert but this would tell me the problem is in the program.

Helga Hufflepuff

Hi Mark,

Can you please try downloading the latest version of Luminar Neo here: https://skylum.com/download/luminar-neo-paid ?

Mark Christy

Helga,

I downloaded the latest version as requested and still get the same results.  It tries to verify then I get the failure screen.  I can still get the 0.9.2 version to work from my backup.  This is why it's very frustrating.  I know you have a lot of safety issues in your country, so be safe and we are all praying for you and your country.

Helga Hufflepuff

Got you, Mark Christy

In this case, please, try activating using your e-mail and password. If you haven't created the password before, you can do so using this link: https://skylum.com/user/request-password-reset 

Note! You need to be logged out of your Skylum account first.

Christian Wiedemann

I sorry to bring it up once more but still Luminar Neo won't start on my mac even now in version 1.0.2.

Any idea how to solve it? Sorry as I'm no IT expert its quite hard for me to try more than uninstall an clean the mac and start from the beginning. 

Helga Hufflepuff

Hello Christian Wiedemann,

I'm sorry you experienced this issue.

Can you kindly try the following steps?

1. Open Finder.
    2. Navigate to Applications > Utilities.
    3. Launch Terminal.
    4. Paste the following string into the Terminal window: defaults delete com.skylum.luminarneo
    5. Press Enter on your keyboard.
    6. Close Terminal.

Does Luminar launch afterwards? 

Christian Wiedemann

Hi Helga,

I appriciate your support, unfortunately it does not work in treminal I no got the report as enclosed.

2022-03-29 15:23:27.825 defaults[994:30007] 
    Domain (com.skylum.luminarneo) not found.
    Defaults have not been changed.

Thanks a lot. 

I have given up now and gone back to Luminar AI. Exactly the same as above on my Mac

Kate Williams

Hi Member,

Let's check this crash together with our support team at https://skylum.com/support 
    Please submit the request via the link above - we'll gladly help you.

Please sign in to leave a comment.