Luminar Neo is not working

Answered

Comments

9 comments

Philippe BARBIER

Hellon

Same problem. Impossible to run Luminar Neo. Always have the message box "The connection has timed out. Check your Internet, amtivirus, or firewall settings and try again." Impossible to find a solution. I've checked firewal and antivirus. Everything is ok.

Please, how can I use this software ?

Thanks for the answers and solutions.

Comment actions Permalink
    Ivan Azure

Hi All!

Antti, do you observe the same message as Philippe - "The connection has timed out. Check your Internet, antivirus, or firewall settings and try again"? 

If there is no such notification and the tools are disabled, please contact our support team via support@skylum.com or https://skylum.com/support and we will consult you in a more detailed way.

Philippe,

Something on your part is likely blocking access to our servers. Please follow these steps:

- Add Luminar to the antivirus exclusion list. Consult your antivirus manual for help.
    - If your router has a firewall, also temporarily disable this element.
    - If Unified Threat Management (UTM) software is installed, it can also cause the indicated error. Temporarily disabling the mentioned program could resolve the issue.
    -  Make sure you are using an administrator account: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account
    - Try connecting through the VPN.
    - If possible, try to select another Internet connection - there may be a setting in your network that is blocking outgoing connections. Some of our users have reported that using a mobile hotspot helps:

I. Here are the instructions for iOS: https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/share-your-iphone-internet-connection-iph45447ca6/ios
    II.Instructions for Android: https://www.lifewire.com/use-your-android-phone-as-a-portable-wi-fi-hotspot-2377915

Please send us your "Hosts" file for review via support@skylum.com if the issue persists. The element is located here:

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\

Philippe BARBIER

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

I've uninstalled the complete software. The I've shut down my UTM software (MacAfee LiveSafe). I've re-installed Luminar Neo and used my mobile internet connection (with Android Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra). I've succeeded to access to connect my account to the software (it was impossible before) and now the software works great.

I've reactivated MacAfee and my usual internet connection. Everything is ok.

Apparently, the problem was due to the internet connection (I used fiber connection). Using my mobile hotspot allowed me to connect the software to my account and now, I don't have the error message anymore.

I hope the problem if permantly fixed.

Thanks for your help. I hope this will help other users.

Philippe

Alina Skylum

Hi Philippe,

Thank you very much for the update. Happy to hear it works :)

Ulrich Scheuer

Bei mir startet NEO erst gar nicht, nach der Meldung "Authentifizierung abgeschlossen" geht es nicht mehr weiter - der Bildschirm bleibt stehen.
    LUMINAR AI läuft gut, NEO wird auch in der Verlinkung angezeigt allerdings mit 0/1 Aktivierung.

Warum komme ich hier nicht weiter?

LG Ulli

Agatha Winter

Hi Ulrich,

I'll be happy to help! Please go to the Skylum account settings and remove your linked social profile. Then, set a new password and try to activate the software once again.

You can sign in using this link:

https://skylum.com/user/login

Let me know the outcome.

Péter Horváth

Szia Agata!

Hogyan állíthatok be új jelszót, ha még nem rendelkeztem vele? A közösségi fiók eltávolítása nem lehetséges.

Péter Horváth

Szia Agata!

Hogyan állíthatok be új jelszót, ha még nem rendelkeztem vele? A közösségi fiók eltávolítása nem lehetséges.

Katherine Nelson

Hi Péter Horváth,

First of all, please make sure to log out of your Skylum account in the web browser. 

After this, please proceed as follows:

1. Please, click on Forgot My password here and enter your email.

2. Right after that you will receive the email with the reset link. 

3. All you need to do is to follow the link to set a new password and repeat it:

Please, try the following solutions if Forgot Password still doesn't work:

1) using an alternate browser;

2) clearing your browser cache and cookies and starting with a new browser session after that.

Please, let us know how it goes.

Please sign in to leave a comment.