Luminar neo = slow + bugs

Answered

Comments

45 comments

Austin Miller

Hello Member,

Please reach us via support@skylum.com so we can look into the issue!

Comment actions Permalink
    Michael Mileos

I have this issue, and the thing I have found to be the best help is to create a new catalogue every time I work on a new photoset and to limit how many photos are in the catalogue. I parse them in Mac Preview now and then only work on the selected ones. It's a little annoying because Luminar AI handled huge catalogues it like a champ, but I'm here now, and this seems to help

Sebastien Boyer

lots of users with powerful computers reporting the same performance issue.
    You cannot ask everyone to contact your support.

Fix your software or share solutions ... or admit it is buggy and very slow and reimburse everybody. Thats it.

I have i7, 16Gb, SSD drives and it is very very slow and crashes often.

Sebastien Boyer

Stop working on new features, work on performance and stability. please !

Carlos Pereyra

I must agree with all the above. Using smaller catalogs and checking the configuration endlessly won't work; and I think I've sent enough videos of Luminar's strange behavior to Skylum's technical assistance unit. I use 32GB and yet Luminar remains unstable and frankly unpredictable. I stick to it because I like the results, but the slow and buggy performance is testing everyone's patience. Perhaps it's time to come out with some kind of statement that will reassure customers. Many thanks.

Michael Mileos

I think it's worth repeating that Luminar NEO seemed to be able to handle it all fine. Whatever you guys did to move it to this stack based system seems to have broken the program

Cristián Karmy

Same problem here. Very slow with 1 image on Luminar NEO 1.4 in a MAC PRO M1

Elena Blum

Hi Cristián,

I definitely understand how it can be frustrating to have it not work the way you think it should,  so hopefully we can get this sorted out for you.  Please contact us  https://skylum.com/support and we'll be happy to help.

Manuel Cuesta

Estoy totalmente de acuerdo, el programa cuando se tiene una carpeta en el catálogo de por ejemplo 100 fotos y aplico mi ajuste resulta casi imposible de editar, tarda muchísimo tiempo en cargar las fotos...etc. Debería dirigir los esfuerzos del equipo técnico a solucionar este problema y no decirnos a cada uno de nosotros que le enviemos fotos, vídeos...etc con el problema detectado. Para mi este problema hace que LUMINAR NEO sea impractible, inutilizable. 

Yo tengo también Luminar 4, y aquí proceso por lote mis fotos. Tengo por ejemplo una carpeta con 150 archivos raws y con la función "Procesar por Lote" las revelo a JPG muy bien, sin notar la lentitud cuando en esa misma carpeta copio los ajustes de una foto y los aplico al resto.  Los archivos Raws al no estar con preajustes, solo en estado original sin ningún tipo de ajuste, se abre más rápido. Necesito que se implante esta función de "PROCESAR POR LOTE" en Luminar Neo, aparte de hacerlo más rápido y utilizable por los usuarios que hemos pagado por el programa. Ya sé que en Luminar Neo si cojo una foto de esa carpeta donde tengo las 150 fotos y copio los ajustes y los pego al resto se aplica a todas los ajustes pero hace inviable, lentísimo e inutilizable la aplicación, por eso insto a que sea una prioridad solucionar este problema, que se dejen de implementar otras características y que podamos disponer de la función de "procesar por lote" como sí tenemos en Luminar 4.  Un saludo.

Magic Siew

I have been through these process, in which the tech supports suggested one thing at a time, and the emails last for week/s and still no solution. This is rather frustrating, that after many months, with many updates. It is still so slow and I almost gave up using Luminar Neo and just used my Adobe Lightroom. Every time emails come up that Luminar Neo with new features, this is just useless, if we can no even have a normal speed at photo editing. Those extra features will just be useless. Again, I strongly suggest that Luminar team has to solve the problem of "slow response" in Luminar Neo first. This shall be the priority above all.

Kate Williams

Hi guys,

The issue with the slower sync adjustments feature is known and should be addressed in one of the upcoming updates. 

Also, we plan to make some of our AI-powered tools rely on graphics cards more. This will give a performance boost to the app. 

Mark Powell

Hi Kate, 

I have found Luminar Neo to be slowing my computer with each update, despite upgrading my computer.

On a positive note the updated AI Noise running on the graphic card is excellant.

Can we be more reliant on the GPU for the rather than the CPU for the bulk of Neo.

Katherine Nelson

Hi Mark Powell,

Indeed, currently we use GPU for some features, but not as extensively as we'd love to. In future iterations of Luminar, we hope to extend the use of high-level APIs for hardware acceleration, including the GPU one.

David Hajes

Ryzen 9 3950X, 64-128GB RAM, AMD RX 6800 XT, WD SN850 NVMe....Capture One - anything I do is instant, export 10s, GPU or CPU usage 100%...back in 2021, there was no parallel processing on CPU+GPU. OpenCL not fully utilized.

I wanted DxO Photo Lab 3 replacement that simply works...I was fed up by waiting 16 hours just to apply settings to 1000 images (Capture One, done in about 30 min). DxO added more and more crap while the most important stuff was getting worst with every update/upgrade.

Core performance is more important than fancy stuff...you can't build a great house with just a roof and no fundaments.

I tried Luminar AI, it was interesting, but I wanted layers...it turned out, Luminar Neo doesn't use layers in traditional way. Almost fully automatized, it was seemingly perfect sollution. Sadly, performance is lagging. In future, it may be great.

If you play 10 minutes with one picture, you will never get anything done.

Already paid for license, let's see if there will be any improvements in future. So far, it is not production usefull. Just hobby, for people with lots of spare time.

Anastasiia Moore

Hi David Hajes,

I replied to you in this thread
    https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/6409917441810 

It looks like you have 2 computers (Mac and Windows). 

Could you please let us know your Windows hardware configuration?

N.B. The links are clickable and show the screenshots that can guide you, if necessary.

Here is the video tutorial on how to retrieve your system infohttps://www.loom.com/share/97aff7951ee3412daa020f1d88eb36e8     

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Please sign in to leave a comment.