Neo Unusable

Answered

Comments

9 comments

Roy Blackwell

re refund, you do not need to 'demand' it, simply request it via support@skylum.com. The refund is no questions asked if done with 30 days of release (Feb 17).

Comment actions Permalink
    Ivan Azure

Hi Member,

Please follow these instructions:

1. Make sure Lightroom is not runningIf the app was running, reboot your PC before proceeding. 
    2. Right-click the Luminar Neo icon > Run As Administrator.
    3. Click Luminar Neo> File > Install Plugins.
    4. Click Uninstall next to Lightroom.
    5. Reboot your PC.
    6. Right-click the Luminar Neo icon > Run As Administrator.
    7. Click Luminar Neo > File > Install Plugins.
    8. Click Install next to Lightroom.

In case there's a message You have to install this software first, click Browse, and navigate to where the .exe file of your host application is. After you show Luminar where the host app is, you will be able to install the plugin for the host.

Currently, the software relies mainly on CPU and RAM. The application can use the maximum amount of RAM when one works with the program. But as soon as the user finishes the editing, the RAM consumption will drop anew. 

Could you inform us about the results via support@skylum.com?

G H

I have a similliar issue with Lightroom: when I click "apply edits" Luminar Neo writes a file (tiff) to the disk, but do not import it in Lightroom.
    I have several times deinstalled and new installed the Lightroom plugin as Ican describes. 

Kate Williams

Hi G H,

Could you please clarify the following?

If you right-click the folder where the image resides and choose "Synchronize", does the edited image appear in Lightroom? 

Wow @royblackwell, that's a bit of a defensive response.

To demand a refund is the same as to request one.

Ivan Azure, I'll try what you suggested shortly, but as I said even when running independently of lightroom it would not load all the photos and would spike my ram and CPU usage just looking at the catalog, which makes it fundamentally unusable. I'm literally afraid to run it as it's no doubt exponentially shortening the life of my ram and processors with it's ridiculous hardware demands.

It's running on an i7 with 32GB of fairly fast ram and can run top-spec games well enough but not open a catalog in Luminar Neo :/ 

G H

Of course, it does. As i wrote, the tiff file exists. The issue is that it is not imported in Lightroom by the Luminar plug in.

Tania Taylor

Hi G H!

Could you please tell us if you invoke Luminar Neo as a plugin in the following way?

Right-click on an image > Export (not Edit in) > Luminar Neo > Open Source Files/Edit Copy with Lightroom Adjustments.

Then, after you hit Apply in Luminar Neo, the photo should appear under Catalog > All Photographs in Lightroom. 

G H

So I did, but it didn't work. ("Edit in" works, but is not raw)

Alina Skylum

G H, 

In this case, we would highly recommend you to reach us via support@skylum.com so we can check this further. Thank you

Please sign in to leave a comment.