The location of the default skies on Mac

Answered

Comments

11 comments

Kate Williams

Hi Member,

The default skies in Luminar AI are stored in the following location: 

In the Applications foder, right-click Luminar AI > Show Package Contents > Contents > Frameworks > MIPLResources.framework > Versions > A  > Resources > Sky Textures. 

Please keep in mind that we don't recommend interfering with this folder in any way as it may cause the instability of the software. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Daniel

Thank you!

Lynne Pariseau

does this mean that there should be 2 skies collections available?  the default and the custom?  so how do you switch between the 2 folders when you are browsing for a sky that suits your photo?

Lynne Pariseau

can you post a screenshot of where you would find each folder (collection)?   and how you access each?

Tania Taylor

Hi Lynne Pariseau!

You can access the folder with your custom skies from within Luminar AI, just choose Show Custom Skies in the drop-down list. 

As for the default skies, you can simply open your Finder > Go > Go to Folder... and insert the following location 

/Applications/Luminar AI.app/Contents/Frameworks/MIPLResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/SkyTextures 

Yet let me emphasize once again that we don't recommend interfering with this folder as it may lead to the app's performance issues. 

Lynne Pariseau

Where is this dropdown list found?   

Tania Taylor

Lynne, you can simply load an image with the sky > click on Sky AI:

Lynne Pariseau

thanks.  I'm still confused but will work through it -- I don't suppose you have a step by step set of directions somewhere.  AI is new to me  - I bought it when it came out but have continued to us Luminar 4...btw, I use both as plugins for PSE.

Alina Skylum

Hi Lynne,

If you need any detailed assistance, you are welcome to reach our support team via https://skylum.com/support and we will be happy to assist you.

Matt Lucas

Would be great to be able to point the software to an external disk where other skys can be found for it to then show these in the menu.

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Matt Lucas,

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll pass it to our devs!

Please sign in to leave a comment.