Can I just make a comment on what I see

Answered

Comments

7 comments

David Monroe

Agreed 100%! Just the inability alone of being unable to go to the next photo in "edit" mode keeps me using AI. I only wish they would have added the few cool new features in NEO to AI

Comment actions Permalink
    Dave smith

Morning David (it’s morning in the UK least ways). I’m used to being an early adopter in many things (I must be daft). But this seems to be one of the more unfinished first versions that I have tried. Sorry if that seems a little brutal - but I’m sad to say it’s the way I feel at the minute.

Alina Skylum

Hello Dave,

I'm terribly sorry to hear about the problems you encountered when using Luminar Neo. Can you kindly reach us via https://skylum.com/support , so we can investigate these problems more closely? Look forward to hearing from you.

Roy Blackwell

@Member - well described.

Dave Marcus

@Member - Yup, both Neo and AI were released with key features missing and not working.  AT A GUESS Skylum balances speed of release with quality of product based more on cash flow needs than on building a comprehensive product. (And I am not speaking of malfunctions - I am speaking of the feature sets, which always seem to be 3 steps forward as far as glitz and automation but 2 steps backward as far as functionality.  They then do some catchup but not enough, and then move their resources onto the next product that will generate the next round of cash inflow.  Rinse, lather, repeat.  Were this not my expectation for Neo, I'd be seriously disappointed/annoyed but I always figured I could not really replace L4 with Neo until v1.5 or v2.

Paul Ross

@member suitable and worth paying for as is, are two completely different concepts.

Seems we paid to be beta testers of an unfinished product.

When marketing is promising Mask AI and Portrait Background removal as new features, but you don’t get on release, and functionality is a step backwards from your prior product, you might be a Minimum Viable Product, but you’re not winning fans.

Imagine buying a car and ac will work in the next patch. You can drive the car, but it’s not what you expected.

Dave Marcus

Paul, you are absolutely correct although, as with all products, the definition of Minimum is subjective. This is my third Skylum product and it repeats the pattern of the first two.  As delivered, they have added some new AI bits to a downgrade from L4.  The new bits do not come even close to making up for what is missing. In a new car model analogy, I myself would say that it power sterring that is missing.

For me, though, the bug level is not unreasonable.  

Most of the new AI seems to work OK for a v1. I’m still trying them out and I’m sure I’ll find one or two that are total Frankenstein monsters  A few things I was told would be included were not and the masking AI is a significant one.

All in all, I will keep exploring Neo when editing easy or unimportant images (cat pictures fir Facebook) but keep using L4 for images that are more important to me.

Please sign in to leave a comment.