Soft Previews in Cache

Answered

Comments

8 comments

Randal Queen

For anyone following, right click on the image and open in new tab. The model on the bottom will be out of focus and the image will show edits even though all edits were discarded.

Comment actions Permalink
    Randal Queen

Restarted Neo after Reverting to Original on one of the images. Now, hm, now all the previews of all images are blurred. Not even soft. They are blurred. Some of those images were never even edited. It is just the whole folder of images are now blurred. No way to purge cache?

Alina Skylum

Hello Randal,

I'm sorry for the issue you encountered with previews. We would kindly ask you to try the following steps to regenerate them:

1. Make sure Luminar Neo is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar Neo Catalog folder. The default location is %username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar Neo Catalog folder as well as the Luminar Neo Catalog.luminarneo file inside this folder. Choose any name you like.
    4. Open Finder.
    5. Navigate to Applications > Utilities.
    6. Launch Terminal.
    7. Paste the following string into the Terminal window: defaults delete com.skylum.luminarneo
    8. Press Enter on your keyboard.
    9. Close Terminal.
    10. Launch Luminar Neo. Go through the initial setup. Leave the location of the catalog at the default (in the Pictures folder). 

Note that you will end up with a new catalog. To open the original one, select File > Catalog > Open.

Randal Queen

Did as instructed. But once I tabbed from Catalog to Edits and made a few edits on a sample image, the problem returned. The images now in Catalog are again soft, but the image I made edits to is blurry.

You can see the model is soft, as is the people in the water, and the buildings which is the image I made edits to, is blurry. Going into full screen and out did not matter.

iMac 5K 27 inch (2019) 3 GHz i5 24GB Ram SSD Mojave Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB

The best way to see it is on a fairly sizable monitor like my 27" and right click on this image and Open in New Tab. 

Alina Skylum

Hi Randal,

We'd be grateful if you could send us a screen recording of what exactly is happening. Here's how to record a screen on Mac:

https://support.apple.com/guide/quicktime-player/record-your-screen-qtp97b08e666/mac

Here's how you can send us the file:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request at https://skylum.com/support 
    Randal Queen

Alina, I did as requested and sent to Support a link to a folder of screen recordings and screenshot images. Then I created a new Catalog inside Neo for Single Edits and brought in one image. Have not even edited the image and just the preview will show how blurry things are. Bummer.

Ivan Azure

Hi Randal,
    Let's continue the conversation via support@skylum.com to find the corresponding solutions. Please note that an excessively high amount of requests was circulating during the last few days. Thus, we hope for your understanding. 

Randal Queen

Just to update this thread... the latest update from Skylum, for Neo, 1.0.4 seems to have addressed the issue of Soft Previews so that now you can use the thumbnail previews to see your work. Thanks to Luminar folks.

Please sign in to leave a comment.